We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IMP beta

johndrew

Likes # 0

Have attempted installation IAW with e-mail instruction. Adobe AIR appears to load successfully but the application reaches mid point and provides the message that Adobe AIR has a broken file and a new copy is necessary. Repeating the operation several times has not improved the situation.

Anyone else have this?

Suggestions please?

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

No problems but very slow to download and install.

Looks very intuitive.

Like this post
babybell

Likes # 0

Installed ok, and even installed an update straight after.

Have found what I believe to be an issue already though, but i'll wait till the testing Forum starts properly.

Like this post
anthonystorey

Likes # 0

to download and install locked my pc up midway(no message about a broken file ), so 2nd attempt i shutdown my firewall and av and it installed o.k, but i dont know if this was a coincidence or not.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Sorry johndrew my installation went OK. I was surprised at the length of time it took to download, even at midnight when my speeds are very good, so it must be a fairly big download and it didn't look to be zipped.

Maybe there will be some ideas to help you when we get to the nitty gritty later today.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

I am not particularly familiar with this type of software or with using it so my comments probably are those of a `true novice`. Perhaps those more familiar with other manufacturers (Microsoft?) coding of similar software will have other ideas.

My findings so far are:-

I find the loading time from `cold` from the shortcut to be quite long - well over 80 seconds on my PC which may not be the fastest but is probably representative of many in commercial use.

Saved files are a good compact size and several good sized presentations could easily be carried on a memory stick or burned to CD. There is even the posibility of using a floppy for smaller files if nothing else were available.

The size of the software on disk at 139MB is quite large when compared to other software; GIMP is only 125MB. But this is reflective of the download size mentioned above.

The interface uses commonly recognisable icons but the toolbar cannot be personalised to group them to suit the user.

The positioning of the text selection block could perhaps be better placed on the toolbar as it is in most word processing packages and the `General Information` block may well be better placed at the lower right or maybe even split to allow the title of the presentation to appear more prominently at, say, top left. I think this may prevent errors where more than one person is using the package.

The provision of an `undo` facility seems odd without the facility to `redo` when a deletion is accidental.

The addition of an `image` scaling/rotation as well as that for video may also be an asset.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...