We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IMP beta

johndrew

Likes # 0

Have attempted installation IAW with e-mail instruction. Adobe AIR appears to load successfully but the application reaches mid point and provides the message that Adobe AIR has a broken file and a new copy is necessary. Repeating the operation several times has not improved the situation.

Anyone else have this?

Suggestions please?

Like this post
OTT_Buzzard

Likes # 0

Ok, after a ridiculous amount of issues with Adobe AIR (not related to IMP), i've had to install on XP Pro 32 bit.

As others have already commented, the download was on the slow side.
Installation went smoothly and quickly. No issues at all.

Let the presentation testing begin....

Like this post
scarecrow-bill

Likes # 0

Unable to download/install.
get as far as abode air install and stops after about 3mb. have to force cancel using the 3 fingered salute.
Sorry looks like I will not be takeing part.

Like this post
Newuser38

Likes # 0

Been away and only just picked up the info.

I set it to download using my XP machine and after one and a half hours it was still telling me it was downloading. In the end closed the download program only to find it was already downloaded etc.

I will now set about the tasks and report tomorrow

Like this post
Ford Prefect 01

Likes # 0

Downloaded and installed ok, had a short play about. However I am on nights and unable to do much more until Monday.

Like this post
I am Spartacus

Likes # 0

This may be a coincidence but has anyone experienced problems with on-board sound? Mine stopped working requiring re-installation of the driver and software.

Like this post
OTT_Buzzard

Likes # 0

I think i've narrowed down my issues to Adobe Air and a complete failure of it to update. Will continue to work on it tonight.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Downloaded and installed OK onto Vista HP. Program is opening and working OK.

Like this post
mr simon

Likes # 0

Download and installation was a breeze on W7 64 bit, but then I rarely get installation problems on W7.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

without any hiccups, but by golly was it slow. Was tempted to turn off Anti Virus software (AVG9) but resisted the temptation as it wasn't specifically asked for in any pre installation instructions. Would have been nice to be informed of the size of the download beforehand, if anyone has a download limit.

WTM

Like this post
Simsy

Likes # 0

Adobe air installed.
No problem... but I did do it twice without realising.

Installed onto a desktop with XP home, 1Gig RAM and a 2Ghz Athlon XP processor.

Regards,

Simsy

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014