We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IMP beta

johndrew

Likes # 0

Have attempted installation IAW with e-mail instruction. Adobe AIR appears to load successfully but the application reaches mid point and provides the message that Adobe AIR has a broken file and a new copy is necessary. Repeating the operation several times has not improved the situation.

Anyone else have this?

Suggestions please?

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

Me late to the party. But, have brought drinks and nibbles... ;-)

Download was slow, slow, long and tedious. I don't like installs direct from the web (hope that's just a facet of the beta test) and I didn't get much info as to what was installing, how big it was, & where it was putting itself...
I'd say it felt "clunky"..

Installed OK, on Win 7, minimal other apps installed (Office 2007; Norton). Ran first time.

Further comments next thread....

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

The full product will be available as a download, with an option to have a CD in the post.

You'll be able to save the installation package on your hard drive and install at your convenience.

Like this post
mark2

Likes # 0

downloaded and installed easily without problems had a bit of a tinker with it, seems a little slow loading 1st try at saving a simple 1 video file and the saving presentation screen hung for in xs of 2 minutes a later try and it saved in seconds

Like this post
Falkyrn

Likes # 0

Downloaded and installed without any real problems Adobe Air was slow to download and install but the installation of Imp itself was fast and there were no problems.

Like this post
IClaudio

Likes # 0

"The interface looks on the simplistic side, similar, in a way, to Serif applications that I have used in the past."

You must have used some other Serif software to the ones I've been using for the past 10 years! This is nothing like any Serif app...

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Download and installed without any problems.

Like this post
bazb

Likes # 0

Downloaded and installed without any problems, a bit slow when opening the program from the icon.

Now to have a play with it, but not sure what I am supposed to do with it?

Like this post
MAJ

Likes # 0

... no problems downloading and installing although it was a little slow even if it was nearly 140 MB in size, but that was probably due to the maker's servers. Even though IMP did install properly, it left a dialog over the main front screen to say that it didn't install properly, this dialog was closed with the little x and has not returned. The program does appear to be working okay.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Stand by.

I'm waiting for more people to confirm that they've downloaded and installed - then we'll move on to some specific tests. Just watch the forum for a new thread from me, It will almost certainly appear later this evening.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Downloaded and installed with no problem,though just a little slow but not horrendously slow.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia