We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IMP beta

johndrew

Likes # 0

Have attempted installation IAW with e-mail instruction. Adobe AIR appears to load successfully but the application reaches mid point and provides the message that Adobe AIR has a broken file and a new copy is necessary. Repeating the operation several times has not improved the situation.

Anyone else have this?

Suggestions please?

Like this post
Giant68

Likes # 0

Finally found the time to sit down and download it and install it. Had no problems with either. Adobe Air installed fine as did the application itself. Even the relatively large file size did not take more than a minute to download. The interface looks on the simplistic side, similar, in a way, to Serif applications that I have used in the past.Designed for the user who just wants to create a presentation without all the faffing about that you have to do with the likes of Powerpoint. Now I just have to sit down and have a play with it and see what I can produce.

Giant68

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Downloaded and installed with no problems at all, been playing with it for about 20 minutes and I am also a true novice with this sort of software so should be fun.

Like this post
Mark5001

Likes # 0

Download was smooth and trouble free. Did not see if an update came down as was away from the PC. Now to start playing with it.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

other than a note about your download and installation experience in this thread.

I'll be starting separate threads for feedback on specific aspects of using IMP from now on, and later we'll have a general discussion thread where you can bring up any points of your own.

Like this post
I am Spartacus

Likes # 0

Took about 10 minutes to download and install. Has frozen twice although the slides I was working on were saved on one occasion. I haven't been able to find an option to store files/workspace in a drive and folder of my choosing.

I find it unintuitive and already found problems which I'll document in the appropriate thread.

I will say that I cannot believe that anyone would pay £200 for this. I probably wouldn't bother even if it were freeware.

Like this post
I am Spartacus

Likes # 0

Sorry FE didn't refresh before posting.

Like this post
mobileman1953

Likes # 0

installion was easy and problem free

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Well we seem to have started so:-

My PC is a dual core AMD 285, 3Ghz running Windows 7 in 32 bit and has 4GB Memory installed of which 3.25 is available. Downloaded last evening/early morning which took 11 minutes. It then took a further 2 minutes to install. From shortcut to opening varies from 7-9 seconds. What we have been told by FE is that this product is due to be marketed at below the £200 level so with current market leader, Powerpoint selling as a stand alone product, at under £150 then it really has to provide some startling results.

Initial thought were, oh dear what a dull presentation from a company marketing a presentation package. On any reasonably large screen we begin with a huge expanse with tiny colourless buttons around the edge which did nothing towards exiting my taste buds. This product is likely to be used on many Windows 7 and Apple Macs where the use of colour is everything and here we were almost back in the black and white days.

I have had some experience using Powerpoint but not the present 2007 version which is being superceded next year with 2010 so many of my comments are based on what I remeber you could do in Powerpoint 2003.

Choice of templates seemed good but its presentation along the bottom of the screen was unexiting to say the least nor did it seem to be any better a choice than what I remember has already been availble for years. What I did like was the wide range of colour choice particularly the slider which allowed you to quickly get exactly the shade you wished. Transitions and screen build again offered a good choice and were simple to set up but again they initially appeared pretty dull.

I can understand why the help files might be missing if this was an attempt to see how easy it was for the uninitiated to prepare a presentation but some overall general help would also have been helpful.

There is virtually no picture or video to choose from but it was easy to import any of my own pictures or videos from my PC on to the slides. After playing the on board video once I found the video wouldn't start playing again from the start button. It would only start again from the middle and only after pressing the rewind button.

Inserting video was new to me and I thougth here we have something to sell the package, but my wife who uses Powerpoint 2007 tells me that this has been available for years so I felt disappointed again.

Well that is it for now, as I will try some other things.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

me too FE didn't refresh, sorry

Like this post
mobileman1953

Likes # 0

downloading easy and problem free

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites