We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IMP beta

johndrew

Likes # 0

Have attempted installation IAW with e-mail instruction. Adobe AIR appears to load successfully but the application reaches mid point and provides the message that Adobe AIR has a broken file and a new copy is necessary. Repeating the operation several times has not improved the situation.

Anyone else have this?

Suggestions please?

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Sorry johndrew my installation went OK. I was surprised at the length of time it took to download, even at midnight when my speeds are very good, so it must be a fairly big download and it didn't look to be zipped.

Maybe there will be some ideas to help you when we get to the nitty gritty later today.

Like this post
anthonystorey

Likes # 0

to download and install locked my pc up midway(no message about a broken file ), so 2nd attempt i shutdown my firewall and av and it installed o.k, but i dont know if this was a coincidence or not.

Like this post
babybell

Likes # 0

Installed ok, and even installed an update straight after.

Have found what I believe to be an issue already though, but i'll wait till the testing Forum starts properly.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

No problems but very slow to download and install.

Looks very intuitive.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Problem resolved.

I ran Ccleaner to dump all the Temp files and tried again. As mentioned above it did take quite some time to download and install but then the files are around 135 MB to download.

I agree the interface looks good. I shall now have a bit of a play!!

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

Slow install/download but working fine here on W7.

Like this post
Miké

Likes # 0

Yes installed fine here on my laptop, under both Vista 32bit and windows 7 64bit.

Like this post
jjss

Likes # 0

I downloaded about 8am this morning. I had no problems downloading and installing although I’ve not seen any updates as mentioned in another post.
I’ve come across a few problems (the fun of beta).
I tried to change setting for presentation. When you select the “Tool Box” icon to change the theme, you have no way out of the Theme Selector without selecting another theme or the same one. It would also be nice to be able to import background pics to make your own theme.
I also tried to find a way of importing a picture onto a slide where the imported picture kept its full portions, ie, it scaled to fix into the allotted area. Has anyone found a way to format pictures yet?

Like this post
IClaudio

Likes # 0

No probs with the download here.

The Update was to Adobe Air, I think.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Downloaded successfully on my iMac - no problems, busy now, shall look at it later today.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks