We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 360 version 4 - and finally........

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Thank you, everyone, for your good work on this test, and for your feedback - I'm sure that Symantec will find it very useful.

We'll draw the formal part of the test to a close now, but please feel free to continue posting to the various threads if you wish - they'll remain open for the time being, and we'll continue to monitor the content.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

F.E.

Thanks looking forward to it as my ver3 360 ha now expired,hoping the finished article will fix the clash with iobit software.

latest build 117 is a big improvement i recommend it.

Like this post
BSOD

Likes # 0

Thanks.

Like this post
Newuser38

Likes # 0

FE

Thanks

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

That's good I had a few issues with the last version but this one is great and will put it on the 3 main machines inuse in this house.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

the last beta edition [build 127] out today. i cannot get a new downloaded key to work with mine.

but regards news on the new 360 release this is what they have just released

"Build 127 will be the last one distributed for the Norton 360 v4 Public Beta. Please test with this build and let us know about any issues that you find. We will continue to track and resolve these issues if possible, but we will not be releasing any more Public Beta builds at this time. We plan to release this product during the first half of calendar year 2010"

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

norton have confirmed that beta users can continue to use the beta untill the release of ver4 which could be some time away

Like this post
Newuser38

Likes # 0

I also had problems getting a download key to work and went to click here where I found the suggestion to use a different e mail address to register did that and now have a new 28days hope that will last until we get the download. It seems that there may be a problem in getting the 5 keys allowed.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

same here used new email to get another key. as it maybe up to 6 months before the final comes out.

got to work out where i can generate more emails from as have the beta on two pc's.

last build is a lot better [but still not fixed the xp problem with iobit software]

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Have gone back to AVG but can't wait for 360 as I think it is better

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

i am still using the beta now on the last beta build 127, still have to renew every 14 days.

norton has said no final build untill the first half of 2010 and we can still continue with the beta till then.

still needs tweeking
[mbam ver1.43 crashes in full scan mode when it scans norton q files in w7 but ok in xp. also iobit software disables norton in error in xp but not w7, the login screen for web pages still hit & miss]

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'