We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 360 version 4 - and finally........

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Thank you, everyone, for your good work on this test, and for your feedback - I'm sure that Symantec will find it very useful.

We'll draw the formal part of the test to a close now, but please feel free to continue posting to the various threads if you wish - they'll remain open for the time being, and we'll continue to monitor the content.

Like this post
BSOD

Likes # 0

as it uses the resources of the computer when idle.

The monthly report flashed up this morning with everything running ticketyboo.

It really is getting my vote. It just does it's job in the background, quickly and quietly without fuss.Even a full scan with a 1.6 intel centrino and 1Gb of ram with XPSP3 is quite good. Other AV's would bring the machine to a crawl. This one can still work fairly efficiently.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Similarly, I have been known to speak scathingly of Norton software, and also like you I have been totally converted by this version - so far it hasn't put so much as a foot wrong, and if that continues to be the case I'm going to run on all my machines in future.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

AS will I

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

those wishing to continue with the beta should check they have had a liveupdate changing the build from build 33 to build 107[needs restart]

update was auto done

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

new build still has the xp problem where it on occasions will not open unless you reboot the pc, a mystery clash of software must turn it off.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

With XP Pro installed hardly had a problem with this version of Norton, ran very smoothly and just kept nice and quite in the background.

But at the weekend built a new PC and installed Windows 7 64 bit, thats when the trouble started, it appears that the Beta version does not like some of the software I have installed that goes with the motherboard. I had more BSOD in a couple of days than with XP over 4 years.

Even after using the Norton help line to try and solve the problem I've had to go back to V3, but I will use it when these bugs are sorted, it's a vast improvement over previous versions and I would gladly recommend it to any one.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

new build 117 out today should install auto via liveupdate.

I found my liveupdate failed to get the new build, had to delete the beta reinstall it, still failed to get build 117, a restart then another attempt finally got it and had a further restart for it to complete.

this build is a lot snappier and faster in xp than the previous two builds.

Like this post
Newuser38

Likes # 0

Still impressing me. As a very longtime supporter of Norton I think I like it better than Norton Security 2010 upgraded from 2009 which has another 150 days to run on my other machines. I have 10 days left on 360 Beta 117 will I be able to update again?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

newuser

you are allowed to renew within the program only once, after that you re download again get a new key for 14 days with another renewal within the program and so on.

great program but has a security flaw in that if you have iobit security360 and or iobit ASC these accidently disable norton, if this can be done in error how secure is it against the bad guys from disabling it on purpose, i informed norton but no feedback from them, build 117 did not fix this point, but did fix another error i had with gmail in ie8.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

of arranging for all our Norton beta testers to receive their free 1 year license for 360. You should hear something from us soon.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer