We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 360 version 4.0 backup facility

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Have you used the backup facility, and if you have, what did you think? Does it work as you expected, and would you be happy to use it as your primary backup tool in future?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

fe

it seems to backup various files, i would have liked it to been able to back up an image or clone of the c drive.

for indivigal files photos etc i use a secondary drive with cut & paste

Like this post
Chaz10

Likes # 0

Well.......

I've just lost Norton, will not load from the desktop or from the programs page.

Any ideas?

May have to reinstall it ( windows still says "its protecting my pc"

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"would you be happy to use it as your primary backup tool in future?"
No, I have Norton Save & Restore 2 as a primary disc recovery.

For everyday working files I use MS Synctoy between this computer, a remote HD backup and a netbook. That gives me 3 copies of my working files.

I'll try the 360 backup out.

Like this post
Chaz10

Likes # 0

Ok, back up and running, had to uninstall and reinstall........why all I did was turn computer on, not installed anything else at all to upset it. Will try the the backup now although as previous posts have said I usually back up to a externall HDD, pendrive or DVD.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It's a very good and easy to use interface. A lot of backup programs aren't easily setup. The 'what, where & when' panel is very good.

I still wont use it though, as my system using MS Synctoy also lets me modify files and sync them when used away from work or home.

Like this post
mr simon

Likes # 0

I can see this being useful but I already have a good system in place for backups so I won't be using it.

Like this post
mobileman1953

Likes # 0

have not used it use other drive to back up important stuff

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

I've used the backup to backup - and to recover, and it works well. I haven't tried online backup from it. Yep, I'd use it. However, I still would use Acronis as well, as that is more of a cover-all major disaster prevention system.

It's easy to use, smart, fast, so I'd be happy using it. (Obviously, before I relied on it as a backup system, I'd want to know the reliability, etc, but we ARE talking beta software here, so I'll let that one pass for now)

Like this post
Newuser38

Likes # 0

Likely to use it for local drive backup but not for online back up which I suspect I have just done through not understanding the program properly yet.

Like this post
Giant68

Likes # 0

I have never been one for complete images of my drive or any formal sort of backup. Generally, I don't really have an awful lot of files that I need to back up. I have always copied and pasted any files I think are important to recordable media or external hard drives. But I thought that i would give this one a try. Sets up quite easily so that the files I want are backed up and off it goes to online storage. Simple, once I figured out that I was a donut after screwing up the first attempt, read the instructions! I will probably use this facility regularly.

Giant68

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'