We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:


PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing


It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion


 

Norton 360 version 4.0 Insight Optimiser


Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Have you tried the Insight Optimiser, and if you have, what were your impressions?

Like this post
Chaz10

Likes # 0

95% trusted 5% require scanning.....but could not find the button to scan them, just the close button!

Like this post
¿ unsure ¿

Likes # 0

From what I googled this morning. The Insight Optimise setting should show a chart on cpu and memory usage, when optimised, it should speed things up. click here

The only thing I could find, is as above. 99% files fine and 1% to be scanned.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I'm glad I'm not the only one that isn't quite sure of it's value.

It looks good, but seems superfluous, if all is well, I don't need 'too much info' throwing at me. Simpler is better.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

...but it does seem to re responsible for quicker access times. But how often would anyone be interested enough to look at the Insight screen other than idling the time away?

If it works, which it seems to, leave it in the background, slaving away unseen.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Just checked and it seems to be running at the same level as version 3, that is 75% trusted and the other 25% need to be watched.

But this still isn't bad as I have a few games that need access to the Internet and quite a few plug-ins to go with them, so scan times are fairly fast without any big drop in performance.

It certainly cuts down on quick scan times to seconds, I like it because it cuts out having to scan the entire PC for any problems when most of the files and programmes are safe.

Like this post
babybell

Likes # 0

Insight simply tells you what Norton has deemed safe to ignore during normal and quick scans. It doesn't scan them seperately, it does this during a normal scan.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

just ran this, not making any obvious impact.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

78% 22%

all but two files not trusted I knew what they were (mostly Acronis and Power cinema) search ed for the other two but couldn't find any info

now I'm worried :0( should I be?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

No longer worried the Norton Diagnostic Report has shown them to be Cyberlink files.
:0)

Like this post
mr simon

Likes # 0

18% not trusted. Does this mean that when it runs a normal scan it ignores the 82% that it trusts?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.



IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room