We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 360 version 4.0 post install impressions

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

So, the new beta is installed, and for most people it seems to have been a trouble-free experience.

What are your initial impressions - is the software running discretely and efficiently, in the background, as a good security application should?

How do you find the email spam filter - too aggressive, or just right?

Does your computer seem to be running smoothly, and as fast as before?

Like this post
babybell

Likes # 0

Having used V3 for a year, I must say I have yet to see any really huge differences to this version (apart from the improved appearance) but that isn't a bad thing. I never had any problems with V3, ran like a dream, and I please to say that so far, V4 is doing just as well

Like this post
Chaz10

Likes # 0

Well I was expecting more Norton popups, but no,runs very smoothly, computer seems as quick and all scans are VERY FAST, so far 10/10

Does anyone know if there are usually any major hicups with this sort of test?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Not usually.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

just installed W7 norton beta working ok again sonar blocked jk mydefrag but was able to reverse this in monthly report view.

norton not opening this morning in xp not sure why yet,nothing happens when clicking on shotcut or via start icon missing from taskbar.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

I didn't mention any thing about spam filter because since changing e-mail address (touch wood and all that)I haven't had any, the only thing that I can say is that up to now Norton has identified all e-mails correctly as not spam.

It's what happens when you have some thing that works, you just expect it to do it's job and let it take care of itself.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I've had virtually no spam since installing it (Vista HP with Outlook 2007).

Tomorrow I'll start my netbook first and see if it still gets spammed (XP with Outlook 2007 and still using the McFee 90 day trial).

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

Everything has been running fine since the install. No noticable impact on performance and very unobtrusive. Can't comment on the spam filter as I'm lucky enough to receive very little spam to begin with!

So far, so good!

Like this post
raziel08

Likes # 0

I have just got round to installing the beta today. so far so good. As others have said there are no annoying pop ups and is thus far quicker than most other norton products that i have used.

I was surpirised that it installed toolbars in firefox without my permission.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Pretty much as V3 it is light on resources ans so far so good. A couple of observations I`ve noted but I`ll see if there`s an appropriate thread to post them in.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers