We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 360 version 4.0 post install impressions

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

So, the new beta is installed, and for most people it seems to have been a trouble-free experience.

What are your initial impressions - is the software running discretely and efficiently, in the background, as a good security application should?

How do you find the email spam filter - too aggressive, or just right?

Does your computer seem to be running smoothly, and as fast as before?

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Pretty much as V3 it is light on resources ans so far so good. A couple of observations I`ve noted but I`ll see if there`s an appropriate thread to post them in.

Like this post
raziel08

Likes # 0

I have just got round to installing the beta today. so far so good. As others have said there are no annoying pop ups and is thus far quicker than most other norton products that i have used.

I was surpirised that it installed toolbars in firefox without my permission.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Not usually.

Like this post
Chaz10

Likes # 0

Well I was expecting more Norton popups, but no,runs very smoothly, computer seems as quick and all scans are VERY FAST, so far 10/10

Does anyone know if there are usually any major hicups with this sort of test?

Like this post
babybell

Likes # 0

Having used V3 for a year, I must say I have yet to see any really huge differences to this version (apart from the improved appearance) but that isn't a bad thing. I never had any problems with V3, ran like a dream, and I please to say that so far, V4 is doing just as well

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

Very smooth. No problems. Spam filter has worked OK, no false positives (which is worse to me than missing the occasional spam mail), very quick to scan, all other functions that occur in background are unnoticeable.

Slightest gripe... new windows it pensor various advanced functions are "right over the top" of the old window, hiding whether it's still there, and it's not always clear that closing the top window takes you back one step. Staggered windows would help/sort this.

This is good stuff. I don't visit many "interesting" sites on the web, so I suppose I don't know what it's like when it has "man's" work to do....

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

and is doing everything I expect of an A/V"

Which is precisely my own experience. So far, so good, I'm very impressed with this software.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

So far running nicely in background not at all intrusive and is doing everything I expect of an A/V keeping me protected and getting on with it's job while I get on with what I want.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

my problem earlier was in vista, trying the same install in xp runs ok without being blocked. why does sonar have a false positive a block in vista only?

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Pleased to say that every thing is spot on, compared to last version it appears to be doing the same job just better.

It's actually using less memory than before but doing everything quicker, one thing that I have noticed, unless it's just coincidental, is that a game that I used to have problems with now works without any freezing.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...