We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

NEW Norton 360 version 4.0 beta test

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Welcome to all of you who are participating in the latest beta test of Norton 360 version 4.0

I hope you have now successfully downloaded and installed the software from the link I sent you via email.

Please post in this thread to let us know how the installation went - whether there were any glitches, etc. For instance, how did things go with those of you who are running Windows 7?

In this thread we just want to know about your installation experience, we'll get onto other matters in another thread shortly. Please do NOT start threads of your own at the moment - it will tend to confuse things.

Like this post
mr simon

Likes # 0

Installation was an absolute breeze, no problems whatsoever. I am running Windows 7 64 bit.

I like having the code emailed too me as well, I know lots of software companies do this but not all, its handy to have it just in case.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

That was a quick response, and good to hear that the software appears to be running well in Win7 64bit. Many thanks.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

on a Windows7 Professional version machine also went very smoothly, and Norton 360 is now running well.

Like this post
¿ unsure ¿

Likes # 0

was fine. Quick and painless.

I was thinking of using a quad core with Vista but because I have used Norton before and found it quite quite demanding on resources. I am testing with a single core intel 1.6Ghz, 512Mb of am on XP SP3.

So far so good.

Like this post
mr simon

Likes # 0

I'm not sure if this is the place to go to find information on resource use, but opening Task Manager shows Norton using a little over 5000k.

Compared to NOD32, which was just under 3000k, this seems acceptable. Even my Sidebar is using more and its only running the clock.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

installed ok on vista quad core, will try on w7 if and when royalmail deliver my disc that was posted 7 days go.

will post back when had a chance to have good look

Like this post
Giant68

Likes # 0

I installed on my Windows 7 Ultimate with no problems at all. It doesn't appear to have affected my system speed or performance at all. I usually use the free ones such as AVG but so far I am quite taken with Norton.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Installed Norton on 27th and apart from having to uninstall the previous version manually, which surprised me a bit, every thing spot on.

Installation time just gets quicker, also like the control panel, looks more interesting than the old one.

I'm still running XP pro but if I have time will rebuild this pc and install Win 7, should be interesting to see how it compares on both systems.

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

Installed on XP at the moment - Win 7 has a problem that wasn't there for RC1.. will be installing on that (instead) in a coupla days.

Install was easy. I did get the "download not available in your country..." message, but that could have been something odd about my network (which is sometimes joined to work networks).

Uninstall of McAfee was smooth - but when McAfee uninstall wanted to restart the machine, it was unclear if Norton wanted this/would restart the install... I did restart, so did Norton! Installed in under a minute.

Stable and smooth all the way. Impressed (again) so far.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

This is the first time I have used Norton for many years, having relied on Avast antivirus and the router firewall, with no ill effects.

I had previously installed Windows 64 bit on my PC. I must say that Norton installation went like a dream. Overall, it took about six minutes from start to finish. Apart from a few inital pop-ups at the very beginning everything seems to be running in the background flawlessly. This is, of course, as it should be, but perhaps I am geeting neurotic because I would go as far as to say that the lack of ongoing prompts is almost worrying.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips for beginners: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite