We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

When do we get our norton antivirus?

wolfie3000

Likes # 0

Its been a while now and so far theres been no word of when we get our copies of the program,

Just wondering whats happening with it?

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

Limitations: You need to sign up as a beta tester. Please note that installing this beta will uninstall some Symantec and/or other third-party applications already installed on your machine. Please ensure that you have your prior product media to re-install from once the beta expires.

Not final version on your link.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

click here

final version released to the public today.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

thanks i will try the wifes email running out of them.

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

I followed your directions using the removal tool and a new email and it worked I now have a new 14 day sub. Thanks

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

As soon as we have any information we'll let you know.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

my reply back from norton beta administrator was get a new email and try again. i will wait for the next beta.

did PCA get anywhere?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

no joy with another key.

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

Certainly an O/S reinstall seems well over the top.

If you use the Norton removal tool, and you "download" another copy using a different email, does that not work for you??? Uninstall Norton 4, run the norton tool, reinstall with new key...

You don't need to complete the download if you have kept the beta4 dowloaded file, you just need the key.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

I tried the norton forum and went through a list of options to no avail, i have emailed tony the administrator. [i personally think there is a new bug in the serial key/subscription of beta4]

the list of options is here i did not try reinstall of O/S not worth it for a 15day trial.

click here

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

It is possible to run the beta program until the full release. The beta program has been designed so this is possible... it's just not very clear.

When an old beta expires, download the new beta.

If you can, download any new beta using a new email; that will ensure you get the maximum length of subscription. If this is difficult, you can still do it. you need the Norton Removal Tool... linkie here click here

Run this to tidy up the uninstall of the previous version before installing the new version.

The new version should then install with 14 days before expiry. Registration will usually give you a further 14 days. However, don't do this until near the end of your subscription, as sometimes it isn't fully additive (ie, a 12 day subscription, registered, seems to sometimes just go back to 14 days; a 1 day-remaining subscription goes back to 14 too - in ine case you'll "lose" 12 days, in the other just 1)

I understand that the intended release date for the full version of 360 is toward the end of March, but this might slip. Remember, the PC Advisor group joined the Beta1 program, and they are working on Beta5 now. I guess we'll not get the free version for a couple of weeks after that.

Patience is the key....

(Anyone feeling keen on AV beta programs could try the Kaspersky beta program click here but I don't know waht they are running at the mo... or Panda click here)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......