We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

When do we get our norton antivirus?

wolfie3000

Likes # 0

Its been a while now and so far theres been no word of when we get our copies of the program,

Just wondering whats happening with it?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I'll see if we can find out anything about this on Monday.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

mine has suddenly expired on bootup today, using beta4 only lasted a day.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Thank you,its not a major problem,i can wait until we get the finished product.

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

Thanks and as tullie says not a major problem although I do like Norton 360.

sunnystaines, my download of beta4 only lasted a couple of days as well but I never realised till you said. I remember checking my calander in case I had changed the date by mistake. Nor realising it was beta4 and still thinking it was beta3 I just thought it had ran out.

Like this post
Managing ed

Likes # 0

Sorry about this guys - I've asked Symantec about it, and will update when I know more.

Matt

Like this post
babybell

Likes # 0

Phew, glad I'm not the only one this has happened to. I have had to go back to my old Anti Virus as I was unable to renew Norton. Couldn't work out what was going wrong. Just have to wait for the official release I guess.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

it was going so well too, sham its gone belly up over serial keys.

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

It is possible to run the beta program until the full release. The beta program has been designed so this is possible... it's just not very clear.

When an old beta expires, download the new beta.

If you can, download any new beta using a new email; that will ensure you get the maximum length of subscription. If this is difficult, you can still do it. you need the Norton Removal Tool... linkie here click here

Run this to tidy up the uninstall of the previous version before installing the new version.

The new version should then install with 14 days before expiry. Registration will usually give you a further 14 days. However, don't do this until near the end of your subscription, as sometimes it isn't fully additive (ie, a 12 day subscription, registered, seems to sometimes just go back to 14 days; a 1 day-remaining subscription goes back to 14 too - in ine case you'll "lose" 12 days, in the other just 1)

I understand that the intended release date for the full version of 360 is toward the end of March, but this might slip. Remember, the PC Advisor group joined the Beta1 program, and they are working on Beta5 now. I guess we'll not get the free version for a couple of weeks after that.

Patience is the key....

(Anyone feeling keen on AV beta programs could try the Kaspersky beta program click here but I don't know waht they are running at the mo... or Panda click here)

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

I tried the norton forum and went through a list of options to no avail, i have emailed tony the administrator. [i personally think there is a new bug in the serial key/subscription of beta4]

the list of options is here i did not try reinstall of O/S not worth it for a 15day trial.

click here

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

Certainly an O/S reinstall seems well over the top.

If you use the Norton removal tool, and you "download" another copy using a different email, does that not work for you??? Uninstall Norton 4, run the norton tool, reinstall with new key...

You don't need to complete the download if you have kept the beta4 dowloaded file, you just need the key.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015