We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Final summing up

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

We're approaching the end of our planned testing schedule, and we'll bring things to a close fairly soon - probably late on Wednesday evening (14th January) or Thursday.

It would be very helpful if you could each make a single post, summing up your overall impression of the beta software you've been testing. By now you should have a pretty good idea about how you feel with regard to this version of Norton 360 - are you looking forward to your free one year licence, or will you be resuming the use of whatever security software you were using before you started the test?

Please tell it as it is - the idea of this test (apart from providing you with what we hope has been an interesting experience) is to provide Symantec with some quality feedback on their new product.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

If you like the beta, the version we have all used is build 61, once that is completed goto norton and download the newer build 110.

Go here: click here

And after filling the form (you must do it by every build!), you can get the new setup package (N360-BETA2.exe)

i suggest waiting till our PCA one has expired first to fully conform to our testing agreement with peter.

Like this post
babybell

Likes # 0

I think our testing with PC Advisor is up now anyway isn't it, weren't we only meant to run it for a week? I'm sure there will be no problem in upgrading to the new Beta version if you so wish.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Im going to wait until advised or whatever.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

you have fulfilled any obligation you had to us as far as participating in the test forum goes. Symantec has access to all your feedback, and if you want to add anything further please feel free to do so.

Protecting your computer is obviously something that is a priority, and you must use your own judgment to decide what you do next.

We'll be arranging for free Norton 360 licences to be sent to everyone who contributed to the test forum, and you'll be notified about that in due course, when the launch version of the product is ready.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Thanks FE for the opportunity to test this product.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

just deleted the beta and downloaded beta2 build 110 on the norton web it is meant to be valid till 27/3 but i only got 15 days remaining. Norton send you a new key as part of the download.

still playing with it one thing i noticed on ie7 it installed "ASK TOOLBAR" I have removed this.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

If i install the new build,will i still be able to use the new license that Symantec send to us for the launch version?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

you would need to delete the beta first then instal 360 v3 final.

i would say yes as you would get a new key with the disc/download.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Thanks sunnystaines.
FE can you confirm that what sunnystaines says is correct and when will we get the final version as maybe the beta version will expire before then,so therefor will not be up todate after expiry with the latest definitions?

Like this post
clvmsn

Likes # 0

I know we are at the end of testing but feel I must give a final comment, all I have give this product is praise but now that test is over I get problems, on start up I am getting many pop up boxes advising about back up, can't stop them, and a red exclamation mark in my system tray which refers to low back up storage space, I have hard drive ticked for this with 70gb available, I am baffled, but hey, it's my only real gripe.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features