We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Subscription

Wrinkly70

Likes # 0

Forum Editor
The subscription runs out after 9 days.
I cannot find any problems with 360, so what happens if I want to continue using it after 9 days.

Like this post
babybell

Likes # 0

Well I certainly wouldn't pay for the full version, being that everyone taking part in this beta testing gets the fully released version for free, I would just wait and maybe switch back to your old AV for the time being.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

how many testers did pca get, of those how many would run the 360v3 final version instead of their regular one.

I would.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

I would,but not for 50 squid

Like this post
babybell

Likes # 0

I'll definately use the full version, it's been working like a dream for me.

Are we getting any more testing tasks? It seems to have gone all quiet since the FE removed his version! Hope he isn't sulking ;o)

Like this post
mamsboy

Likes # 0

I also would use the full version, as long as the price was competitive.
All in all good software

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

"I cannot find any problems with 360"

Im the same, i cant find any problems, its run like a dream.

Its almost to good, i don't even notice its installed half the time, no nags, updates silently and integrates perfectly with every program.

I think Norton are onto a winner with this software.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

All those of us on the beta test will get the full version, with a years updates, free for participating.

Like this post
Managing ed

Likes # 0

I'm thinking particularly in terms of usability and performance overhead: how do you think Norton 360 v3 compares to other brands of internet security software, or even previous Symantec products you've used?

Incidentally, I've got a call in about the nine days thing - you'll know as soon as I do.

Matt Egan
Managing Editor

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

I've got Kaspersky 2009 and McAfee 2008, both internet suite versions on other computers.

Norton is faster at scanning than either, uses less cpu than either, and from that point of view, it must be the better.

However, interface-wise, it lags behind in my opinion. Firstly, just on "looks" (which probably shouldn't matter, but do), Norton looks washed-out and old. Secondly on available information, I much prefer McAfee's main window, list of options on the left (Home, Update, Scan.... Firewall), with each of those giving a main window of options on the right. Much easier to find settings and...

That leads on to the fact that I find Norton quite difficult to navigate straight to the option I might want, some being four or so clicks away... so there are probably some settings I should have changed/learned about that I have yet to find.

Overall, I think the mechanics of the program are probably great, but the interface is lacking in star quality.

Like this post
MCE2K5

Likes # 0

To extend your subscription from 14 days to 30 days,

On the Main Screen, click My Account

Click Renew Subscription

Check RENEW NOW and click NEXT

click button to renew

Post #2 click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...