We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Specific 360 problems

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Now that we've all had a chance to let Norton 360 settle into its stride it would be good to hear about any specific problems that have occurred.

In my case I had a clear run until I switched on my test machine this afternoon. Norton 360 threw a wobbly, and decided it wanted to fire up 'One-click support' and send an error report back to base. It asked me for permission to do this, and I agreed. Then followed a process of collecting and transmitting data about my machine, after which 360 told me it was 'attempting a fix'.

I carried on working whilst all this went on, and after about ten minutes I was told that the fix had failed, and I was advised to 'try again later'. I have continued working, and all seems fine - at no time was the computer slowed by all the goings on, and Norton tells me 'You are protected'.

What about you - have you had a similar experience, or has Norton 360 done something else unexpectedly? Please don't post here if all is humming along nicely - we want to hear about problems in this thread.

Like this post
BELSEY

Likes # 0

Noticed that virus definitions in PC security details shows last updated on 12/1 yet everything is supposedly up to date having uninstalled and reinstalled running live update all on the 14/1

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

I spoke too soon about my system being completely stable....

Two crashes.

navex15 tries to make service change to ccSvcHst.exe, computer freezes for a while, then very slow. Doesn't seem to resolve speed until restarted, then all well again.

Also, with Stuffit 11.0.2.55, if a zip file is invalid/damaged and you double click to open it, Stuffit announces this file is damaged, and you can close Stuffit & continue. With Norton, the computer completely freezes, and needs a restart button to escape! Is it Norton failing directly to scan a damaged zip file? Have checked with an Acronis image before Norton installed, works fine, back to current rig: lockup!

Serves me right for thinking my system was stable!!!

Like this post
I am Spartacus

Likes # 0

I've installed the latest version (N360_BETA2.exe) which required the uninstallation of the previous one which required a reboot but went without a problem. This latest one installed in less than a minute but I still have the problem of Firefox not 'remembering' the tabs and windows opened from the last session. I also still have the problem of AntiSpam crashing Outlook after switching on and the toolbar causing a crash when clicking the ' Train Norton Antispam' button.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Reading through the thread the problem that justme had when trying connect to the net before Norton had finished loading sounds like the problem that I had all of the time, the machine I was using is setup to connect to MSN on startup so it could be this that was causing the problem, never had this with any other AV

Like this post
I am Spartacus

Likes # 0

I've now installed Beta3. The problem with Firefox not remembering the tabs from the last session has now gone. The problem with AntiSpam crashing Outlook 2003 is still there.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014