We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Specific 360 problems

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Now that we've all had a chance to let Norton 360 settle into its stride it would be good to hear about any specific problems that have occurred.

In my case I had a clear run until I switched on my test machine this afternoon. Norton 360 threw a wobbly, and decided it wanted to fire up 'One-click support' and send an error report back to base. It asked me for permission to do this, and I agreed. Then followed a process of collecting and transmitting data about my machine, after which 360 told me it was 'attempting a fix'.

I carried on working whilst all this went on, and after about ten minutes I was told that the fix had failed, and I was advised to 'try again later'. I have continued working, and all seems fine - at no time was the computer slowed by all the goings on, and Norton tells me 'You are protected'.

What about you - have you had a similar experience, or has Norton 360 done something else unexpectedly? Please don't post here if all is humming along nicely - we want to hear about problems in this thread.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

W.D. turned off here too, was running before.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

Just checked my other security programes.

spybot s&d, SAS, Malawarebytes all working ok.

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

Like you I had to uninstall Norton from my system as it was at the time of installation. The reason beng it was taking an unacceptable amount of time to launch oth my email client and browser. I have since done a clean install of Win XP and reinstalled Norton and so far it is OK.

Like this post
skidzy

Likes # 0

Not exactly a problem;

Ive used Mcafee site advisor now for some time to good effect.
All the kids computers have MSA installed and no problems to date.

Now using Google, Mcafee is pretty good at separating the suspect sites with there warning,however Norton's database seems very limited and not to be relied upon just yet.

For example click here

As the Beta product's database is updated maybe this will improve if it wishes to compare to MSA.

Apologies if this has been covered previously.

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

Well as per my last post I have had the Beta installed on my clean system for a while now and I have been playing games installing apps and browsing the Internet, all the usual stuff, and so far I have had no problem at all with Norton. Lets hope I haven't spoken too soon.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Well apart from the trouble yesterday everything appears to be alright.

Still can't figure out why it killed itself.

I hadn't done anything yesterday that was different from today, yet today it hasn't even had so much as a burp.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

leave norton insight alone and it works ok, thats the only real problem.

Like this post
Zaphod 3

Likes # 0

Not been about much today just got home from a 12 hour shift still seems to be hunky dory

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

I have used Insight without a problem.

Like this post
MCE2K5

Likes # 0

Same as "tullie" no problem with Insight.

However had a problem with the System Clock, Date & Time, Very Wrong(3 Years 1 Month and 7 Hours).

I will put this down to a Vista Update Problem (New Network Driver Installed).

Apart from that, Norton 360 still runs like a dream, Have to keep checking it's still working and it is.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote