We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 360 post-installation reactions?

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Please use this thread to let us know about anything which seems to be a worry - or a delight - immediately following your installation of the software.

Please DO NOT use this thread to report on your download or installation experience - use the initial 'welcome' thread for that information.

So, how's it running - are you generally pleased with what you see, or do you have 'issues' of any description? Don't worry too much about any specific anti-virus points at this juncture - we'll come to that aspect of things later. What we want to know now is how 360 is getting along with your hardware/software mix.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

We'll let this thread run for another 24 hours or so, by which time we should have everyone who plans to take part at the point where the software is installed and running smoothly - or we'll know what the glitches have been up to that point.

There will be one late arrival that I know of - someone who is travelling, and won't be with us until some time on Friday.

Take some time to settle down to a normal computing life now; use your normal software,games etc., and make a note of any points for later discussion. We'll launch a new thread late on Thursday afternoon/early evening to talk about specific aspects of this software, and how you view them.

Like this post
perpetual motion

Likes # 0

ok FE thanks

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

Thanks recap on the tip for not doing a backup. I think it was because it said "you must backup before running this scan" that threw me. I did a complete scan which took all of last night but I think that is down to my bloated system rather than to Norton. It completed the full scan and subsequent operations with no glitches. Doesn't appear to hog to much of the systems resources.

Like this post
I am Spartacus

Likes # 0

I don't know if this problem is down to Norton but I have Firefox set to show windows and tabs from the last time when I open it. Now it's just showing a blank tab. Does anyone else have this problem?

I also tested it with the eicar test virus and it blocks it giving a discreet pop up from the system tray to let you know it has done so with an option to view more details.

Like this post
I am Spartacus

Likes # 0

Hmm. I had installed it on another PC when I had major problems with the one I was initially using it on. I've just checked that one and it's doing the same thing in Firefox i.e. not opening up with the tabs from the last time. My main PC which doesn't have Norton on is working normally.

Like this post
ajm

Likes # 0

After installation all seemed to be running OK and browsing a few web-sites proved to be a little slow.

I seem to be having problems with opening websites that require a jave plug for streaming - didnt have this issue when I had AVAST. Re-installed latest Jave, but still the same problem.

Apart from this, no major problems so far.

I have explored the sttings for the software and saw a couple of options that I felt were useful turned off as default - maybe thats for a different post

Like this post
I am Spartacus

Likes # 0

I've switched on the Anti Spam feature to integrate with Outlook 2003. When I allowed the option to add the AntiSpam toolbar it crashed Outlook. When restarted the toolbar is visible but clicking on the 'Train Norton AntiSpam' button crashes Outlook.

The buttons for 'This is not Spam' (whichever email I choose) and 'Empty Spam Folder' are greyed out.

Like this post
perpetual motion

Likes # 0

Booted pc up @ 10am this morning, the program automaticly did a "Live Update" np's to report all well.

Like this post
Main Access

Likes # 0

running quicker then the old vesion of 360 that I was using.

A happy bunny so far

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Ok FE we are ready to roll!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded