We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 360 post-installation reactions?

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Please use this thread to let us know about anything which seems to be a worry - or a delight - immediately following your installation of the software.

Please DO NOT use this thread to report on your download or installation experience - use the initial 'welcome' thread for that information.

So, how's it running - are you generally pleased with what you see, or do you have 'issues' of any description? Don't worry too much about any specific anti-virus points at this juncture - we'll come to that aspect of things later. What we want to know now is how 360 is getting along with your hardware/software mix.

Like this post
recap

Likes # 0

Like the FE my default browser is Google Chrome, just opened IE and found that Norton has installed a toolbar. I can see the advantage of the toolbar but like has been said I would have preferred the option.

With the exception of Cards & log ins the Shopping and Community gives you the same results, a new Norton Web Safe window??? That is after the Google toolbar pop up blocker has been set to allow.

Like this post
grangehearts

Likes # 0

I was surprised that it didn't pop up a message telling me to reboot my pc. Have just installed it with no problem, but haven't tried anything as yet as I want to reboot the pc first just to be on the safe side.

Like this post
MCE2K5

Likes # 0

It runs like a dream, PC is much quicker, Web pages load instantly, No nasties found (Yet) just one tracking cookie.

The Tool bar doesn't bother me, With Vista you also get Side Bar Gadget, Wooo.

Last night was the first time for TWO Months that the Machine Actually shut down First Time, Without having to push reset button.
So Up to now, Very pleased.

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

Ok iv had my first major crash with Norton,
I ran Norton insight and after the scan and checking it locked up and wouldn't respond at all.

click here

The program closed and wouldn't start back up again,
Had to reboot my pc to get Norton to load.

On the other hand i managed to run all my games and play online without Norton asking for anything let alone permissions,

Even games that 90% of people have never heard of, Perfect world ect...

How does Norton even know of this game when many gamers don't even know it?

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Touch wood and all that rubbish, up to now no problems at all.

It does appear to be using a little bit more memory than the previous version of 360 but not much, about 10-15 mb.

Scans seem to be a lot quicker than previous 360,
and had no problems running Norton Insight, as for "back up"! this is another part of the Beta version which is better than the old version, it's definitely quicker.

I just hope it's not famous last words

Like this post
perpetual motion

Likes # 0

i had to stop the Disc optimisation as it had been on for 50 mins & there didint seem to be any advancement in the program..?

Like this post
Wrinkly70

Likes # 0

bjh
The green icon denotes file baced up, the blue icon denotes file will be backed up after auto backup operates.

Like this post
clvmsn

Likes # 0

Like the format, neat and easy to follow, easy to configure, love the tune up section and have scanned and updated with no problems, still have to use back up and ID protection.
Only gripe I have up to now is the automatic appearance of the norton toolbar, which is by the way quite large.

Like this post
Falkyrn

Likes # 0

Beta has just run complete check/optimisation with the only exception being a back up. Whole thing took just over 60 minutes. Not too bad.
I was able to carry on working with Firefox and my Genealogy program with no obvious contrary effect to using either of them. So far I admit to being impressed with the program

Like this post
babybell

Likes # 0

That the Pulse Update system makes me feel so secure. 360 checks for major updates every four hours, but i noticed that in the bottom corner of the main Norton screen, the definitions update clock never goes over 10 minutes! Reading the help guide i've discovered that every 10 minutes Norton checks to see if any small definitions updates have been released in that period of time. Quite impressive!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...