We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Welcome

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

to the Norton 360 beta forum. If you're one of our team of beta testers you should by now have the test software safely installed on your computer from the download link I sent you recently.

As soon as you have Norton 360 running on your machine please post in this thread to tell us how your download and installation went. We're keen to know about any difficulties before we proceed further.

Please don't start new threads of your own - it will confuse the process. Once everyone has reported on a successful (or otherwise) installation we'll move on in a new thread.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Installation was a doddle less than 5 minutes once old Norton 360 was removed(which took longer than install)

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Hi everyone
I finally arrived back in sunny Bangkok and amazing my PC started up first time despite having lain dormant for 6 months. I updated it with all the latest XP Pro updates and everything is running well.

I then tried to download the Beta using the link in the FE e-mail but I had to manually type the link in as it didn't work automatically.

I then reached the download site and filled up the necessary registration details and clicked next to download.

My download was then rejected by Norton as their export screening department blocked it. I then tried using the UK as my home rather than Thailand and got the same message. I then received 2 e-mails from Norton one giving me the Product Key and another telling me that there were no restrictions and to try again downloading.

I have tried many times now but I keep getting blocked and ending up in a loop. I now have the Product Key 4 times but still can't download.

I fired an e-mail off to Norton replying to theirs and they can find no technical reason why this is happening but they say they are working on it and will get back to me.

I will keep trying and catch up with the rest of you as soon as I am successful.

Like this post
Tennblues

Likes # 0

I downloaded the software and installed it with no real issues. I uninstalled my older version of Norton and disabled a backup AV program that I have. The install was able to complete.
It updated without any problems and auto set permissions for my programs. I was pleased that I did not have to manually correct any of the permissions.

Like this post
skidzy

Likes # 0

Downloaded to desktop.
Uninstalled Avast and cleaned up.
Disconnected from the net.
Tried to install and found out i had a broken download by around 10Mb.

Now safely installed with no real problems ....yet !

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I was slightly late in installing N360 as my partner decided to spill a cup of tea over the machine it was planned to load on.I loaded it on thursday evening and had no issues.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Enjoy the testing process, and don't forget to update us via the other two threads.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Finally got the laptop I will be using working and installed without any problems

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia