We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Welcome

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

to the Norton 360 beta forum. If you're one of our team of beta testers you should by now have the test software safely installed on your computer from the download link I sent you recently.

As soon as you have Norton 360 running on your machine please post in this thread to tell us how your download and installation went. We're keen to know about any difficulties before we proceed further.

Please don't start new threads of your own - it will confuse the process. Once everyone has reported on a successful (or otherwise) installation we'll move on in a new thread.

Like this post
MCE2K5

Likes # 0

That's the right Download.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

because the link sent to me by email from the FE didnt work. The link I got was

x-usc:click here

That wasnt what the link actually said, but thats where it tried to take me. I have emailed FE about this, but so far have not recieved a reply.

On my own, I have removed the x-usc: from the above address, and downloaded it, and been sent a product key. I havent installed it yet because I am still waiting to hear if there is any difference from what might be offered to PCA forum members (maybe PCA gets some benefit from rounding up a bunch of willing testers? I dunno).

WTM

Like this post
Totally-braindead

Likes # 0

I've just installed it and I too had to remove AVG. Not unexpected that but I am not happy about the toolbar as it just installed it, no prompt, no warning and no choice it just installed it regardless. I do not like that.
Early days we will see what happens.

Like this post
restless

Likes # 0

Easy install,uninstalled one care before the download to avoid complications.Its running great and so far im impressed with its features.

Like this post
Wrinkly70

Likes # 0

Ran Live Update with "Close computer on completion". No longer have the "Fix Now" report; do not know if the above action did the job or the update timed at 9.20pm included a patch.

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

Install was impressively fast, also smooth. Spotted McAfee IS 2008, asked me to remove it, then installed first time on restart.

The program also zoomed through update and is sitting there all active and pretty. No glitvhes so far. It's using few resources, and doesn't get in the way!

Good so far!

Like this post
babybell

Likes # 0

There will be a seperate post in the future regarding any issues you are having post installation.

Like this post
Wrinkly70

Likes # 0

Installed OK, but could not update. Uninstalled then reinstalled OK and updated.
However like Spartacus can not get rid of the "Fix Now" although my update shows 06/01/2009 at 1.48pm.
Otherwise quite easy for a "wrinkly" now of 74

Like this post
I am Spartacus

Likes # 0

After looking at my notes there's one thing to add at this stage. I had to set up Identity Safe, maybe I missed something but I don't recall an explanation of what this was and I'm fairly certain I had to do it to continue.

Like this post
MCE2K5

Likes # 0

No problems at all, Had to uninstall Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware and Firewall before install.

Once Norton360 was on and running, Computer running better and much faster, Also no Lag on web pages, So far So Good, I Like it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014