We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Welcome

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

to the Norton 360 beta forum. If you're one of our team of beta testers you should by now have the test software safely installed on your computer from the download link I sent you recently.

As soon as you have Norton 360 running on your machine please post in this thread to tell us how your download and installation went. We're keen to know about any difficulties before we proceed further.

Please don't start new threads of your own - it will confuse the process. Once everyone has reported on a successful (or otherwise) installation we'll move on in a new thread.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I've just checked, and there's no email from you. The link you received is the same one that I sent to everyone else. I checked the email I sent to you, and clicked on the link within my email - something interesting happened.

When I used Internet Explorer I received an "Address not valid" error page, but when I clicked the link using Google Chrome the Symantec download page loaded immediately.

If you're still having problems try this: click here

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

that there are forty eight of you taking part in the test, and so far we've had download and installation confirmations from just 17 people, so we are waiting for quite a few more arrivals.

I'm sure that will happen during the course of the next 24 hours, and by around 18:00 GMT on Wednesday we'll move on to a new thread anyway. Please be patient whilst we wait, it's important that we have as many people as possible at the same stage if we're to get the best out of this experience in terms of your feedback.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

tomorrow then.

FE: I emailed you privately about that link problem. My email contained a copy of the original email I recieved. Perhaps if you are sufficiently interested enough you can dig it out and check the link as recieved by me, for what its worth.

WTM

Like this post
clvmsn

Likes # 0

Just a quick one, when I tried to use link that was provided to beta, it would not work, I just manually wrote the address into address bar and it worked OK.

Like this post
clvmsn

Likes # 0

Just installed Norton360 beta with no problems, installed very smoothly and quickly, am going to have a look round now and see what it is made of

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I know that some people have had a problem with the download link, although strangely enough others didn't. I tested it myself several times, and on each occasion it worked perfectly, although it does redirect to the download page.

It's the link that Symantec provided, so there's not a great deal I can do about it I'm afraid. I've just tested it yet again, and it worked exactly as it should, so if anyone's had a problem I suggest you keep trying.

Please resist the temptation to post new threads, or to digress into discussions about other aspects of the software at this stage - we want to make sure that everyone has the software installed and running before we move to another thread, in which we'll ask for feedback about any operating difficulties.

Like this post
mamsboy

Likes # 0

This is how I like it. Double click the .exe, install the programe and away to go.
Very simple set up and a lot quicker than previous norton programes.
Also no noticable slow down on my PC.
So far looks promising

Like this post
westmhor

Likes # 0

I apologise to all in the forum for my hastey thread earlier, I ahve resolved the problem and look forward to being part of this.

Like this post
Main Access

Likes # 0

Installation

Perfectly uninstalled Norton 350 v 2 and installed the new version quite rapidly.

One gripe.
The installation screen kept giving "installing Norton, Updating Drivers etc"
an overall install bar would be far better, the standard user would want to know how long is left
not what it is doing now!

Like this post
MCE2K5

Likes # 0

Found this "What does "x-usc:" mean?" click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...