We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Welcome

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

to the Norton 360 beta forum. If you're one of our team of beta testers you should by now have the test software safely installed on your computer from the download link I sent you recently.

As soon as you have Norton 360 running on your machine please post in this thread to tell us how your download and installation went. We're keen to know about any difficulties before we proceed further.

Please don't start new threads of your own - it will confuse the process. Once everyone has reported on a successful (or otherwise) installation we'll move on in a new thread.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Think we should just follow FEs instructions.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

are we all going to be given tasks to do, and go off to do or figure out how to, then report back? Or do we just tootle off on our own to do whatever we please? (I like that word:tootle) Or something else entirely?

And when do we all get shipped off to a sunny mediterranean poolside where we can sip cool drinks in a civilised manner and discuss whatever problems came up? My bags already packed, just waiting for the official get go.

WTM

(first time beta testing)

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

but there are still a lot of missing persons. We'll leave this thread running for their installation reactions, assuming they'll come along at some point, and we'll move on with a brand new thread.

Like this post
recap

Likes # 0

Sorry for the delay FE.

Having problems with my spare desktop PC's. The one I was going to use will not turn on, so I tried a new power pack with no luck.

I am at the moment configuring another PC I haven't used for a couple of year which is running Windows 2000 Pro.

Like this post
I am Spartacus

Likes # 0

Just got my system working again (2 failed hard drives, one of which when connected was causing the other drives to be invisible).

I reloaded the image that I took before I'd installed Norton and then installed Norton again. It took less than 2 minutes to install and this time I wasn't asked to set up Identity Safe. The updates also worked fine first time.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

and in less than 10 minutes for install. No problems but a few issues I'd like to bring up. I'd like to mention them as they arise rather than at the end.

I'm using an old spare machine(so no loss in even of a catastrophic failure) that originally had norton internet security 2005 on it at the time of my responding to this. Ok, long out of date but I kept it up by manually installing updates. However, I got especially frustrated with it recently, ripped it out and as a temporary measure installed the old ntlnetguard that I had lying around. This still works and installs just fine. Its so good that its still up and running with 360 doing its thing as well. Dont know how this will effect performance yet, but so far 360 has had to ask permission to access the net. I'm not going to refuse it anything, just going to see where it will go. But there was nothing in the installation that prompted me about other AV products.

Incidentally, although I am deliberately trying to approach this with a lack of knowledge, i.e. an idiot, am I the only one who created a restore point before embarkin on this? (apart from backing up files?)

WTM

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I'm off to the airport in 2 hours. I will join you good people on Friday (Far East time). It looks like downloading and installation will not be a problem. I just hope my PC starts up OK after lying idle for 6 months.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Installed OK - about 92Mb I reckon. One problem though, I created a Norton Account with a very memorable password and my e-mail address. Received the confirmation within a minute and followed the link in the e-mail to sign in. My e-mail and password was rejected. I have therefore followed the "Forgotten Password" link. Waiting for a temporary password.

Like this post
perpetual motion

Likes # 0

Morning all, just booted pc up went straight to "Live update" np's at all.pc running great!!

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

A bit slow because I have the dreaded terminal death. however have just installed and updated it.

Just one minor glitch. I uninstalled Comodo firewall and Norton Systemworks and restarted the PC but, when I started the 360 installer it required a further restart. May have been an uninstaller not working correctly.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...