We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Welcome

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

to the Norton 360 beta forum. If you're one of our team of beta testers you should by now have the test software safely installed on your computer from the download link I sent you recently.

As soon as you have Norton 360 running on your machine please post in this thread to tell us how your download and installation went. We're keen to know about any difficulties before we proceed further.

Please don't start new threads of your own - it will confuse the process. Once everyone has reported on a successful (or otherwise) installation we'll move on in a new thread.

Like this post
perpetual motion

Likes # 0

ok il wait..for everyone "Sorry"...

Like this post
ajm

Likes # 0

I uninstalled Avast, restarted the machine and downloaded from the link provided. Took approx 6 minutes to install the product and activate it as well as well as running live update. Very impressed so far

So far the installation and everything went well. However I notice that this has a subscription of 14 days.

Like this post
perpetual motion

Likes # 0

"ajm" the same here im very impressed my machine's running really well!!

Yeah its a 14 day trail...

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Thanks, that's exactly what we need to know.

Like this post
robgf

Likes # 0

Downloaded Norton with no problems.
Went off line and uninstalled Rising Antivirus (the free version, pretty good), removed Zonealarm.
Installation of Norton took just 5 minutes, very straightforward as there are no real options. I wasn't too thrilled to find the IE toolbar, although not a big problem as I use Opera most of the time.
Did an immediate update, 41MB.
Norton did an autoupdate as I came online tonight, another 42MB, so I'm glad I'm not on dialup!

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

Downloaded without a hitch, received the product key and will be installing it first thing tomorrow,

Me and a friend from Extreme serverz click here have set up a test gaming server and will be using it for the BETA test,

Im looking forward to this.

Like this post
sxm-bill

Likes # 0

The download went smoothly, n360 successfully removed my old norton anti-virus and rebooted my system.
Then it hung on the install process and after several minutes gave me an error message. This message advised me to reboot again. Which I did
and only then the program successfully completed its installation process. For the rest The installation went smoothly as did my updating of the virus defs.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

A bit slow because I have the dreaded terminal death. however have just installed and updated it.

Just one minor glitch. I uninstalled Comodo firewall and Norton Systemworks and restarted the PC but, when I started the 360 installer it required a further restart. May have been an uninstaller not working correctly.

Like this post
perpetual motion

Likes # 0

Morning all, just booted pc up went straight to "Live update" np's at all.pc running great!!

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Installed OK - about 92Mb I reckon. One problem though, I created a Norton Account with a very memorable password and my e-mail address. Received the confirmation within a minute and followed the link in the e-mail to sign in. My e-mail and password was rejected. I have therefore followed the "Forgotten Password" link. Waiting for a temporary password.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July