We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beta Testing

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Welcome

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

to the Norton 360 beta forum. If you're one of our team of beta testers you should by now have the test software safely installed on your computer from the download link I sent you recently.

As soon as you have Norton 360 running on your machine please post in this thread to tell us how your download and installation went. We're keen to know about any difficulties before we proceed further.

Please don't start new threads of your own - it will confuse the process. Once everyone has reported on a successful (or otherwise) installation we'll move on in a new thread.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

that there are forty eight of you taking part in the test, and so far we've had download and installation confirmations from just 17 people, so we are waiting for quite a few more arrivals.

I'm sure that will happen during the course of the next 24 hours, and by around 18:00 GMT on Wednesday we'll move on to a new thread anyway. Please be patient whilst we wait, it's important that we have as many people as possible at the same stage if we're to get the best out of this experience in terms of your feedback.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I've just checked, and there's no email from you. The link you received is the same one that I sent to everyone else. I checked the email I sent to you, and clicked on the link within my email - something interesting happened.

When I used Internet Explorer I received an "Address not valid" error page, but when I clicked the link using Google Chrome the Symantec download page loaded immediately.

If you're still having problems try this: click here

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

These things happen. But as long as you are aware of the hiccup (thats all it is really) and I have in fact downloaded the correct version then all is well.

Just for my own curiosity though, when you got the address not valid page in IE did you happen to check out what was in the address bar?

WTM

Like this post
perpetual motion

Likes # 0

yeah im in now...whats next people..?

Like this post
perpetual motion

Likes # 0

my installation was great np's at all the only thing i didnt like is it installed a toolbar without asking me..? or did i miss something..?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Yes, the address was an mhtml document - the same one you obviously received. Let's move on from that - the main thing is that you now have the software. Perhaps you'll update us when you have it installed and running.

Like this post
perpetual motion

Likes # 0

Whitetruckman i had the same issue what u need to do is open another browser when u click on the link then copy the link & paste it in another browser or the same but without all the foobar before the "WWW" bit it then takes u to the correct destination..

Like this post
perpetual motion

Likes # 0

FE are you staying online a while..?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"whats next people..?"

See my earlier posts, and sit tight please.

Like this post
perpetual motion

Likes # 0

This might be important but my pc is for the first time ive ever had any kinda symantec software running QUICKER..? its running faster than when i had Avast Pro on b4 i put this 360 on..? WOW maybe they have smartened up there stuff..?..also "Live Update..100% Fine".....

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback