We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Looking for advice upgrading GPU.

luffy42

Likes # 0

Hello, my computer is an hp pavilion p7-1110, and here are the specs:

processor: Intel® Core™ i3-2120 • 3.3 GHz, DMI 5GT/s

Chipset: Intel H61

Memory: 6GB DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD graphics

Motherboard: IPISB-CU (Caramel 2)

My budget is around 150 and I'm just looking to run current gen mmorpg's at med or so graphics. I was considering the hd 7750: click here, but I'm not sure about its compatibility with my computer.

Thanks!

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 1

Your motherboard.

It has a PCi-E slot for a graphics card so pretty much any GPU will be fine. Although you have listed your components you have missed the most important on which is your power supply as the chances are your new card will need it's own supply and your PC might not have a decent enough wattage to power the new GPU.

So first thing to do is take of the side of your PC,(usually the left hand side as you look at the front), to look at the label on your PSU and note the wattage.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 1

From this Click here

Internal 250W (100-240V)

Form factor: internal ATX

Total Wattage: 250W

Nominal input voltage range: 100-127V ~6A.....200-240V ~3A

Dimensions: 150mm x 140mm x 86mm (5.9 x 5.5 x 3.4 inches)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......