We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

'Minority Report' type motion controllers on Kickstarter soon - Your feedback

intellectmotion

Likes # 0

Hi, We design 4D motion controllers that emulate the "Minority-Report" effect for applications and games across all platforms - PC | Mobile | SMART TV. We are going on Kickstarter soon, so can we please get some feedback on this product? http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/576456616/860931580?token=d87cab3b .. What you see here is the functional prototype, but we will improvise it based on your feedback - so do let us know ! Thanks !

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Certainly looks interesting and I will be keeping an eye on it. Might even bung in a few quid/dollars. Not the first time I have supported something from kickstarter.

I like the idea of using this type of controller particularly for gaming.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

As I see it...

(1) - you would need to make the conroller in different sizes. To take into account people/children with different size hands.

(2) - Toward the end of your video, a little girl is struggling to draw a basic flying bird. Not least because of the size of her hand, but also because how awkward it appears to be to use.

(3) - When you use a mouse, your hand/arm is in a resting position. When using your controller your arm is waving around in the air. Also in the video, they appeared to be clicking the pad much like you use a mouse. But unlike a mouse it doesn't appear to give the user the option to alter the way they press the pads. I feel that these two movements and the apparent lack of altering the usage of the gadget, to be a possible encouragement of Repetetive Strain Injury (RSI).

Summing up I feel you are trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. I see it more as a short term toy, that would become frustrating and annoying.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

It is only a prototype and I suspect that developing the controller will answer some of your points hopefully. If my memory serves the first really mobile phones were the size of a house brick. Now you can get them watch sized.

So as I said I will be keeping an eye on the imotion's development.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Hi Chronos

I hear what you're saying, however, I don't think you read their opening gambit properly. They said...

"can we please get some feedback"

&

"we will improvise it based on your feedback"

More power to you for offering financial support, I'm sure they'll be delighted to hear it.

I on the other hand am not offering anything other than my personal opinion, based on their video. This is after all what they are asking for in this thread.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I was not meaning to criticise your post, you make some very valid points, I have actually pointed them towards a forum that has a little more vibrant and perhaps a little more popular than the one here where hopefully they will receive the feedback they are looking for.

I posted on their site, first impressions put me off the current design of the device - having it strapped to your hand, so you need your second hand to put it on and pull it off, while seemingly very minor, are for me a drag. If you could just pick it up and put it down without thought then I'd prefer that sort of functionality.

As for bunging a few quid, it is just that, a small sum. I have supported independent games with a small contribution.That is what Kickstarter or crowd finance is all about.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Hi Chronus

After reading your second response to my contribution, like you, I took my thoughts on this gadget to their website and left them, there along with my details. I'll not hold my breath though, as I'm not expecting a response anytime soon.

Such is Life G1

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Not sure why you would think you will get a response.It usually does not work like that.

You may well see a product update release which may cover points you or others have raised and the developers response may well indicate that they have listened to the feedback and changed the products specs.

But the release will be in a general form as opposed to a personal response to specific points you have raised.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Fair enough

Like this post
intellectmotion

Likes # 0

@Chronos- Thanks a lot for your feedback. As Graphicool put it, we ARE delighted to have your support! If you would like to, you can join our EarlyBird mailing list. We’ll keep you informed about our campaign. Sign up at click here Welcome on board!

@Graphicool- Thanks a bunch for your feedback.

We are presently working on a sleeker design that suits everybody's needs, and fits without hassle on palms of different sizes.

The 'clicking' you mention is actually covering the uppermost LED with your fingers. You don’t need to put too much effort into that. In fact, this is a DIY controller. You get to customize what you want IMotion to do. Just like the hotkeys for a game.

For example, you can choose a swipe gesture to be your 'right click', and a flick the 'left click'. There are a lot of gesture options available on our freeware, so IMotion can do a lot more than we demonstrated in our kickstarter video.

The possibilities are endless, and thanks to constructive criticism like yours we can improve on the device further. Do keep giving us feedback and sign up for our mailing list or follow us on www.facebook.com/intellectmotion

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers