We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Custom Gaming PC for under $800

DiegoBoricua

Likes # 0

Hey guys, I'm wanting to make a great operating gaming PC, that works flawless, with a budget of under $800 at the most. I have gathered a list of parts that I'm looking into. My question is, will these parts give me that awesome performance, can I get better parts and if I can what would they be, are these parts all compatible w/ each other, and am I missing anything? Here is the list: Processor: AMD - Phenom II X4 965 ($89.89) Video/Graphic card: XFX – ultra overclock edition radeon HD 7770 1GB DDR5 PCI express 3.0 ($139.99) Ram: Corsair - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM ($66.99) Motherboard: Asus – M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX 2133MHz ($140.98) HDD: Seagate – Barracuda Green 1.5TB ($85.88) Power supply: Dynex – 520W ATX ($59.99) Case: Cooler Master – Elite 431 Plus ($54.99) Drive: HP – 48x write/32x rewrite/48x read cd ($39.99) Total: $678.70(before Windows software)

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Sorry mate you are not going to get an awesome gaming rig for $800 (£520) I am afraid to say. But have a look at this. Components.

Much better GPU which will enable you to play the latest games at very reasonable settings. Compare.

Like this post
DiegoBoricua

Likes # 0

Chronos the 2nd, by amazing I mean amazing for the price. Also, do you think that if I maybe look for a lower priced RAM and/or lower priced case , and then use that saved money for the Radeon 7850 GPU instead of the 7770, that I would get a decent computer where I can still run games from ARMA, DayZ, Battlefield, etc. at a fairly decent gamepley say 50-60+ FPS?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Sorry mate I do not fully understand your question. The quote I have given you includes the 7850. The case is not only a reasonably cheap one but it is a decent build quality and excellent cooling potential with just the addition of a couple more fans. The RAM is also ideal for this build and it is just about within your budget with obviously an operating system still to add.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features