We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Chillblast Blaze Gaming Build Queries

quarkoniak

Likes # 0

Recently I started a thread on an £800 budget build. I was reccomended the Chillblast Blaze. I have decided that this is a good system but (I asked this question on my previous thread but I got no response) but would like to know if A) I should change the PSU and B) I am going to downgrade the overclock to the 4ghz one but would I need better cooling?

Thanks again.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

A Unless you are going to be running lots of periferals that draw power from the computer rather than having thier own supply you do not need to change the PSU. B Sorry cannot see the logic in you wanting to lower the the speed of your CPU. The only possible need for better cooling is if you were making it faster or adding further components inside the case

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

A)I would certainly change the crap Chillblast 700watt EZCool PSU to the Corsair Ultra Low Noise 600W PSU which is a far better quality PSU.

B) I too wonder why you feel the need to downgrade the overclock this does not affect the overall price and if you did down-clock then you need less cooling rather than more.

Like this post
quarkoniak

Likes # 0

I am downgrading the clock to make the computer more stable. I would rather do this than have to go to far over budget for cooling. What I want to know is if the current fan is good enough to cool the system with the 4.5 ghz clock and the 4 ghz one?

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

They would not sell it overclocked to that speed unless they had tested and found it to be stable otherwise every customer who bought one wouuld be taking it back under gaurantee. Again they would not sell it with that cooling system unless they had tested it, they don't want loads of customers taking it back under guarantee. I wouldn't personaaly buy from them as they aare breaking the kaw.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Kevscar1

I wouldn't personaaly buy from them as they aare breaking the kaw

What kaw/law are they breaking here?

quarkoniak

But I do agree that Chillblast, who have a good name, are hardly likely to sell an unstable clocked PC.

But I am puzzled by your continued confusing question about cooling, the Arctic Freezer 7 Pro is not the best cooler in the world but more than able to handle this overclock. But if your are concerned surely it is simplicity to just change the CPU to the Intel Core i5 3570K Processor 3.40 GHz (No Overclocking). End of story.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

EU Directive 1999/44/ec States that all items must carry a minimum 2 year gauarantee, chilliblast only offer 1 year on Parts. If they then and I haven't looked charge you for a further year. Then there is the possible offence of obtaining a pecunary advantage by deception, an offence under the fraud act

Like this post
quarkoniak

Likes # 0

So the current fan is good enough?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

"So the current fan is good enough?"

Yes, except it is not just a fan. The heat-sink cooler is much more than a fan, the copper piping and aluminium fins all have an important part to play.

So are you going for the over-clocked edition or not? ?hat about the PSU are you changing that?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......