We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

£800 gaming PC build

quarkoniak

Likes # 0

I have been searching around for a gaming PC for a while now but still can't decide on a system.

Has anyone got any suggestions on a system for £800 or less which includes a monitor, mouse and keyboard as well.

Also, I do not wish to build this myself. It must be prebuilt.

Thanks in advance.

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

With your budget You will most likely have to go for an AMD CPU , as a decent Intel will not leave you much for the rest of the build . I have to say that with a budget of £800 to include peripherals you are not going to get very good performance . My advice would be to save for a little longer and aim for £1000 . The extra £200 would go a long way towards a decent screen , keyboard / mouse .

Like this post
quarkoniak

Likes # 0

I know that an amd cpu will have to make do but I do not need this for many hardcore games. Mainly things like sims 3, minecraft, simcity and other simulation/rpg titles.

Any other addvice now?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Have a look at these.

Chillblast Fusion Blaze Good graphics card with a 23" screen. This is a very decent spec for your cash and will easily handle the types of games you play for many years.This comes with Windows 8, not my choice of operating system but you can changed to Windows 7 if you prefer.

Chillblast Fusion Diablo not as good graphics card,will still play your games fine and this one comes with a 24" monitor.

Chillblast Fusion Galaxy This comes with a 24" touch screen and a reasonable graphics card so again no problems with your games.

Vibox Fusion This is a company I have no experience of but I know another member here speaks highly of them.Overall not a bad spec. Hard-drive is half what I would like but you can customise this setup and still be within budget. Also I would certainly change the power supply unit. CiT are a rubbish brand and as the PSU is a very important component then change to a Corsair.

All these PC's are more than capable of doing what you want but the first one is the far better gaming PC than the rest.

Any questions fire away.

Like this post
quarkoniak

Likes # 0

Thanks so much. I have also seen this novatech http://www.novatech.co.uk/pc/range/novatechblacknti34.html

Is this any good?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Not bad but when you add a monitor and an operating system I think you will find that you are well over budget.Whereas the Blaze has those items included and a better graphics card.

Like this post
quarkoniak

Likes # 0

I did notice that after posting. Those other PCs look great though! Thanks again!

Like this post
quarkoniak

Likes # 0

Just another quick question, with the Chillblast Fusion Blaze, Is there any modifications I should make to the default spec?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...