We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

GFX card upgrade needed please

klunketh

Likes # 0

Im looking to upgrade my gfx card(or replace as its on its last legs), currently have an nvidia geforce 9600 gt, used mainly for gaming ie WoW, Boarderlands.tfc2 etc

other spec is. Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q6600 Quad Core Processor(2.4GHz,8MB Cache,1066MHz) New MESH Midi-TowerATX Case + 550W PSU PCI-Express Mainboard - SLI nForce 650i SLI(C55) - Intel Core 2 Duo/Quad-Core - ATX, 8 gig of ram.

Looking to spend about £90 but will probably be a 2nd hand card from ebay etc, HD 7770s are about £40-70, 7750s £30-50, 6970s £70-100, 6850s a lot less, then theres geforce 460s, 570s etc. ive trawled lots of forums and each one seems to have different views it gets confusing :[ Thanks for looking.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

Like this post
klunketh

Likes # 0

Yea ive read most of reviews, 7770 seems to be best because of it been energy efficient, also the last quote "We're not sure where the AMD Radeon HD 7770 fits in"

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

i have a nvidia 650gtx which was £80 new but i have read the radeon hd7770 beats the 650gtx by quite a margin but is much slower than the nvidia 560 but as you say its more energy efficient

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Not a lot of difference between the 7770 and the 650, compare. But the 7770 would be a good upgrade and you can buy new within your budget.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

Chronos the 2nd Good comparison site thanks i had a choice in my system to go for the gtx 650 or the amd 7700,id read a lot of conflicting views on the two cards,i stuck with nvidia in the end and havent been disappointed

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

mart7

Yes it is a good site and you were quite right to stay with Nvidia as their drivers seem more stable these days.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?