We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I need some advice about games.

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have a present to buy for someone in the family. He enjoys games,but he has a high-pressure job, a whacking great mortgage and a toddler in the house, so he doesn't get as much time (or money) for gaming as when he was young and carefree.

I want to buy him a game as a little surprise, but I haven't a clue which one. I would be grateful for suggestions.

He likes strategy games and blasting things to pieces - I have heard him saying that he has enjoyed playing 'God of war' which he recently acquired secondhand.

Any ideas anyone? The game needs to be for a PS3

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I am hoping that by blasting things to bits means killing things.I am a FPS player so most of my suggestions will be that genre of games.

For strategy and blasting things to bits then Fallout 3.This is pretty good value for money particularly if you get the GOTY edition as it comes with all the DLC which is about 5 expansion packs. Great game by the way.

For out and out killing space monsters then Dead Space 1 or 2 would be excellent.

Painkiller Hell and Damnation Great fun.

Far Cry This is a classic game and involves quite a bit of strategic thinking.

All these games I have played on the PC and I have no idea what the PS3 versions are like. All these games have been around a while but have stood the test of time,I still go back to most of them.

Others you might like to look at are Rage, Bulletstorm,Dead Island.

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

You might try Crysis 2 , can be played in various ways to suit your mood . Running around blasting anything that moves , sneaking quietly around and stabbing in the back , and hiding and sniping from long range .

Like this post
ordep

Likes # 0

Can't help with strategy games I'm afraid.

More recent games. Far Cry 3, Hitman, Homefront, COD4.

Classic games. Far Cry, Black Mesa (free down load) Dark Sector.

A bit quirky. Sibera 2, Portal 2, Alice, madness returns.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Definitely Portal 2 and Alice:Madness returns.

Like this post  
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Thanks everyone - lots to consider there.

Like this post
ordep

Likes # 0

Or the very latest Tomb Raider, (out Tuesday)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips for beginners: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite