We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What Graphics card would suit me best?

d.aiton

Likes # 0

Hi,

Im wondering if anyone would have any advice on which graphics cards would suit my system, my spec is this:

ASRock X79 Extreme4 Motherboard. Intel Core i7-3820 LGA2011 Processor. GX 750W Bronze Power Supply.

I have been told to look for a grahics card with a spec of at least 670 but other than that i have no real clue what im looking for, also preferably Geforce also. I have a budget of £300-£400. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

I use this card http://www.scan.co.uk/products/2gb-evga-gtx-680-sc-signature-28nm-pcie-30-6208mhz-gddr5-gpu-1084mhz-boost-1150mhz-cores-1536-2x-dl-, and can play ANY game at max settings , and most in 3D at max too . I only use one monitor , so I cant say how well it would perform in a multi monitor system , but I would imagine that it would happily cope with two , and probably three at lower settings .

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I have a GTX 670 and this card is only a little slower than the GTX 680, the 680 is on average 3-5% faster and does not justify it's high price.You are only looking at around 3-4 frames per second increase.

Both cards will suit your needs and your only choice is whether the you feel the 680 justifies it's high price.

Compare.

Like this post
jonasmarsh621

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 launch event live: Windows 9 launch live blog - find out first as the new Windows is...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK