We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How long do you expect to be playing games?

rdave13
Resolved

Likes # 0

This is incredible how sprightly she is at her age, http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/video/news/4099289/Meet-worlds-oldest-gamer.html

Good old Nintendo.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I am 59 and as I am practically housebound I spend a good portion of my days playing games mainly FPS's but I have also logged over 800 hours on user generated maps on Portal 2. I have completed Borderlands 2 and now are trying to discover every area and complete every quest.

I have in the region of 120 games on my PC and regularly play around 30 of them.

Sad I know but I could add this is the first real pastime/hobby I have ever had that and building/repairing PC's.

Like this post  
rdave13

Likes # 0

What's sad about it? It's a great hobby especially if housebound. It keeps you mentally fit but it must be time consuming. I'm not very good at games so that doesn't say much about me :(

These modern games have left me behind but I did handle the old PS1 games quite well.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Then definitely have a look at Portal 1 and 2 on Steam. Puzzle solving which is not usually my thing but these games are great especially 2.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I have created an account with steam just to try out Black Meza. A freebie of course. Got as far as the area with the red lasers in the room but kept being killed. My interest then faded. I sometimes download demos from Gamer's Hell just to see how the graphics are improving in these games. Can't even finish some of them so I'm a lost cause I think.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Chronos year younger but same problem.Can't really do well at FPS's anymore but games like Fallou 3. vegas and skyrim with the user made mods keep me going, Did over 150hrs on Fallout 3

Like this post
hzhzhzhz

Likes # 0

I'm 58 and loving Crysis2 and FC3 at the moment.

Nig.

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

I`m only a mere pup at 52 , Love playing Crysis 2 , but total rubbish at multiplayer ! Got about 15 games on PC at the moment . Almost finished Crysis 2 and StarCraft 2 , Going to have a crack at Dishonored next I think . I play all my games in 3D .

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

nickf 51 here. Not long finished Dishonored,and cam honestly say it was one of the best games i've ever played. 3D? Is that on a 3D TV or on a PC? As i've played a few in stereoscopic 3D on PC. Batman Arkham asylum was one. Finished Far cry 3, and am now playing Hitman absolution and The walking dead.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Kevscar1

I found Skyrim incredibly boring unfortunately one of the few games I have only played once. I found it very annoying that you had to grind your way to get decent weapons and combat seem to be find entrance fight your way through tunnel fight boss,rinse and repeat. Fallout 3 I did enjoy though towards the end of the DLC I was getting a little tired of it.

mrwoowoo

Agree about Dishonoured,fantastic game. The first DLC has been a bit of a disappointment though.

hzhzhzhz

Crysis 2, great game especially the second time around. Far cry 3 I am struggling with, just cannot get into it at all.I hope it is not another Max Payne 3 which I did not finish.

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

mrwoowoo , I have an AsusVG278 27" monitor with Nvidia 3D vision 2 built in . No 3D TV for me , SHE does not like it .

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made