We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Mother...BOARDS... which of the 3

KuyaD

Likes # 0

I need advice on which motherboard will best enhance or use max pc gaming performance.

I'm currently using the ff:

OS: 32bit Windows 7 (but will probably change to 64bit windows 7) Processor: intel Core 2 Quad Q9400/2.66GHz/45nm/LGA775 socket Motherboard: Asus P5QL PRO Graphics: Galaxy Geforce 9800 GT/1GB/256bit/DDR3 Memory: DDR2 2048MB

nobody else uses this computer but me.... i play the online game "world of tanks" This setup although old was the best i could find in our area.....

I only have to choose between: >ASUS P5G41T-M LX3 >ASROCK G41C-S >GIGABYTE G41M-Combo (rev. 2.0)

Which of these three motherboards would maximize my gaming performance?

Looking 4ward to ur motherly.... oh, "motherboard" advice... :) thanks in advance.... >>> KuyaD

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

To be honest you really need to think of several components working together to produce a decent gaming experience. These components would be Motherboard, CPU, Graphics card, RAM.

All the motherboards you have chosen are socket 775 which is old tech and you should be looking at socket 1155 from Intel or AM3 from AMD.

Just changing your motherboard is not going to give you any gaming benefit whatsoever.

Like this post
jonasmarsh621

Likes # 0

Not that I'm supporting Chronos the 2nd but you do need the whole package to enjoy your gaming experience. Its not about the motherboard only.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015