We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Having a pc for gaming built-what do i need?

laup2

Likes # 0

Hi

I am planning on having somebody build me a computer for my son. He wants it for gaming / making walk through tutorial videos for youtube.

What specs should I be looking at in regards to graphics card, ram, cpu etc?

Thanks in advance.

Like this post
laup2

Likes # 0

Budget of around £300-400-. Do not need a monitor.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Am I right in assuming that you need: Motherboard. RAM. CPU. Graphics card. Hard-drive.Power supply. Case. operating system? All for £300 -£400 and you are looking to have built a gaming PC? Unless all your son wants to play is very old games I am afraid your budget is far to low for a decent gaming PC I am sorry to say.

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

I`m afraid Chronos is right , as an example http://3xs.scan.co.uk/ConfigureSystem.asp?SystemID=1346 is a reasonable gaming PC , but you would still need a monitor , speakers , keyboard , mouse etc .

Like this post

Likes # 0

Thanks for that, change of approach.

Can you recommend a capture card to record xbox gaming onto a pc. A good starter one will do for now. UK based Thanks

Like this post
Chazzyb17

Likes # 0

well for Xbox 360 capture you can use a Dazzle DVC recorder (black) or HD PVR.

for original Xbox any dazzle will do.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Today's bargains phones, tablets, laptops and more for Black...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers