We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Good gaming PC for £350

Game Addict

Likes # 0

Hi everyone I have been thinking about trying to make my own gaming PC instead of buying a pre built one so can anyone suggest a really good build that is good for gaming. Does not need any monitor, keyboard, mouse, mouse mat, speakers or headset. Also is this a good idea for me since I have never built my own PC before.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Hi, I am sorry to say you will really struggle to build a decent gaming PC for £350 you would struggle with £500.

As for building a PC it is a great idea as you learn a lot from putting components together, installing Windows and finally seeing it boot up for the first time.

But as I have said you are going to struggle.

Like this post
Game Addict

Likes # 0

As you have said that I will struggle trying to build a gaming PC I might just go with the HP desktop. But do you know if AMD processor and AMD graphics card work better if they are both together.Here is desktop

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Not a PC I would choose as PC World tend not to use the best components but do charge a high price.

In answer to your question, it makes no difference if CPU and graphics card are the AMD But your link to the HP has a Radeon HD 7570 which is a renamed 6570 and I think you can do better for that sort of cash.

But that would mean buying online which obviously is different than goinhg into the store and getting a PC.

Like this post
Game Addict

Likes # 0

If I was to sell the graphics card on it how much do you think it would be worth and do you know any good £100 graphics cards for gaming. If there is a graphics card for a bit more than a £100 put it in aswell.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I am not sure about the price,I'll make inquiries and get back to you.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

As far as I can make out the HD 7570 in the HP PC is a rebadged HD 6570 and worth very little. It could be something similar to one of these.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......