We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Graphics card advice

Jason UK

Likes # 0

Hi

I'm looking for advice about which graphics card would be most suitable. Here are my current specs (roughly):

i5 2500k 3.2Ghz 450W power supply 12Gb RAM 60Gb SSD & 500Gb SATA Can't remember the motherboard type - has plenty of PCI-[e] ports available though (currently only 1Gb shared graphics)

Budget: Approx. £100

I've only looked at Nvidia cards - the GTX650 & GTX560Ti, which didn't seem too bad for the cost. Any advice would be appreciated.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I would go for the GTX 560TI,have a look at the comparison here. But I do not think your current power supply will be enough you should have around 550W to be comfortable and you would need 2 6 pin power connectors.Specs. Here is the power specs for the GTX650 which need less power (400W) and only one 6 pin connector. Specs.

Like this post
Jason UK

Likes # 0

Thanks for the assistance Chronos, appreciated. However I've decided to go for a 7770.

Only because there's one on ebay in my local area and it's only £50, which is a bargain! It would probably cope better on my PSU too, since it only requires 450W (and comes with a free 6-4 pin adapter).

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Could not see the one you mean on Ebay,I am assuming it is second hand then for that price?

A couple of comparisons for you.

560Ti vs 7770

GTX 650 vs 7770

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen