We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The Elder Scrolls On-line looks amazing

Game Addict

Likes # 0

After watching the the introduction video for the elder scrolls on-line I thought it looked like one of the most amazing MMORPGs ever created. Thing is I have never owned a MMORPG in my life and the reason why is because I thought they looked kinda crap but when this game comes out I will definitely be getting it. Anyone else think this game looks amazing.

Like this post
Game Addict

Likes # 0

sorry accidently posted two of the same post

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

I have to say I agree and am also looking forward to it's release.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

I've been looking forward to it's release for months now. Have they set an actual date yet?

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

All Bethesda have said, so far, is 2013!

Like this post
Game Addict

Likes # 0

Out of the tree alliances Daggerfall Covenant, Ebonhart Pact, Aldmeri Dominion which would you choose. I would proberly go for a highelf mage since I love using magick in Skyrim and they might start in the Summerset Isle.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Thanx Mr Mistoffelees

I've just heard that it's mid to late 2013. Sooner rather than later would suit me just fine.

Game Addict

Not really given much thought to who my character will be, as yet. At the moment I'm remembering something they said in the introduction video. You control it with the mouse, I'm wondering if that's the only way or if you can use a controller like Xbox has. Which I'm more familiar with for playing games. I've never played any RPG games through my PC, as I've nevr liked the graphics. But this has drawn me because it looks to be on a par with Elder Scrolls Skyrim on Xbox.

Also my PC screen is only a 21 inch, but I've got used to playing games on my 42 inch smart TV. Does anyone know if I could some how connect the TV wirelessly to my PC. If they have to be in the same room, which if your using a mouse I guess it would, could I connect it to a laptop?

Like this post
Game Addict

Likes # 0

Don't really know how but there definately must be a way to do it wirelessly you just got to check the internet and you'll find out there or it will even tell you on this website. Also check if having wires is better than having it wirless and though I've never played an MMORPG having a keyboard is proberly much better for that sort of game.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

They're saying, when you move the mouse you can look around. Press the Left button to strike and the Right button to block and I think they said you use the wheel to crouch and sneak?!

The reason I wanted to know if I could connect my TV to my PC was because although I can go on the Internet through my PC it's really slow. But that was connecting wirelessly, so today I connected it via an ethernet lead and it's much better. All I have to do now is plug my USB mouse into my TV and I'm hot to trot.

I see they're bringing out an add-on to Elder Scrolls V Skyrim on Dec 4 2012. It's called 'Dragonborn' and it's for xBox £13.71, odd price? I guess I'll get that as it's a while since I last played Skyrim and I'm wanting to get back on track, ready for the online version.

Like this post
Game Addict

Likes # 0

The Skyrim DLC 'Dragonborn' will proberly be the last one for the game since its called 'Dragonborn' and Skyrim was released more than a year ago. Elder Scrolls Online will then be released after that and then there will hopefully be the next Fallout game.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

I almost bought Fallout a few times, but couldn't make up my mind, so didn't. I wasn't aware that it was or at least is going to be played online and they're changeing the modus operandi from what made me uncertain in the other games. You probably already know the following, but I thought I'd add it, as other people reading this might find it interesting...

Fallout Online coming in 2012, will be 'extremely funny'

Remember the in-development Fallout MMORPG, Fallout Online? If not, here's the gist: A while back, Interplay, the publisher of Fallout 1 and 2, licensed Fallout from its new and current owner, Bethesda Softworks (not without a bit of legal dispute), to create an MMO based on the series. While we haven't heard or seen much of the game, it's apparently progressing well. That's great news, because it could be totally awesome.

Fallout Online is scheduled to begin beta testing in 2012, and Interplay plans to release the game in the second half of that year. At least the timeline seems realistic - creating an MMO is no walk in a radiation-free park. But with a team that's 90 strong, over a year before the beta, and a record of brilliance, Interplay may be on its way to delivering our new favorite massively-multiplayer online game.

Caen continued, "An MMOG must be a lot deeper than a standalone game. It’s not a shooting game we’re making. You can shoot, but it’s a very small portion of the game. The game itself is about reconstructing the world. What is unique about our project is how we’re trying to get it into many communication systems.

"This is a big problem for World Of Warcraft, because the fantasy universe is not compatible with modern communication systems. It would be odd to receive an SMS from a troll. But in a post-apocalyptic world…" ...Things get awesome!

Caen also made a diplomatic-but-honest comment about Bethesda's treatment of the series, saying, "We appreciate some portions of [Bethesda's work], and we’re not necessarily fans of everything. I think they miss a lot of the humour, and the fans seem to agree with that. Fallout 3 was a little bit too serious - that’s definitely not where we’re going. Our Fallout MMOG will be extremely funny."

It's true, humor was a big part of Fallout 1 and 2, and we're excited to see how it's handled in the MMO environment. That is, assuming we don't all die before the game is finished like the people who built Y2K bunkers seem to think we will. Wait... but then we could be living the Fallout MMO! That would be cool! Until someone stabbed us for a piece of bread, of course.

Despite being a ways out, you can register for updates and put your foot forward as a possible beta tester on the game's official site."

Perhaps it's time for me to take another look at Fallout.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...