We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The Right Desktop For Me

JakeRidge

Likes # 0

I don't know much about computers and what makes what better and why but basically I'm buying a PC for a bit of gaming and also work from home would this be suitable and the games I like to play are DayZ, GTA4, BF3 so what do you think? Thanks for reading! PC: http://www.chillblast.com/Chillblast-Fusion-Chimera.html

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

If you could post your budget it will make it easier to suggest something for you to look at.

In the PC you have linked to I am not overly keen on a couple of components but it really depends on your overall budget.

Like this post
mick2008

Likes # 0

I think you may have to spend a bit more than that for a good gaming PC. Bargain Electricals

Like this post
ordep

Likes # 0

I've got the Fusion Blackbird. As pointed out by mick, you'll need to spend a bit more than that I afraid.

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

The problem with "custom" sites, and Chillblast are one of the better ones, is that to get a low "headline" price, they need to use low quality modest performing components. You can then "customize", but by the time you get to decent quality, reasonable performance, you've got a very expensive PC.

To give an idea, assuming your monitor is 1080p, this is the sort of build, I would put together, for your needs, without any "frills"

parts list

If you then had that built for you, assuming they could provide those bits, someone like Chillblast would be charging at least £200 on top. The best answer, of course, is to build yourself. Not difficult, but you obviously need the confidence to do it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow