We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is this gaming PC suitible for me?

TidalNevada

Likes # 0

http://www.chillblast.com/Chillblast-Fusion-Vantage.html I am a frequent PC gamer and play all my games on a PC so do not own a console. I want a new PC which will be generally good for pure gaming at a high level. I don't want to spend much more then £1000 but if I have to I shall go up to £1500. So is this PC good for me?

-All games played on this. -High performance and graphic quality at a very good fps.

PS. I think I posted this in the wrong place last time... New here, so sorry if I did.

Like this post
Angeloalbertini

Likes # 0

I want to find game for XP computer....mattress double

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 1

First thing to say is Chillblast are a reputable company, and if you want a customizable pre-built PC, they are as good as any.

However, like all such companies, in order to keep headline cost down, a "basic" build, is going to be using "cheap and cheerful" components. The "trick" is in skillful use of the customise options. That, of course, pushes the price up, and it has to be said, you can always self-build something BETTER, probably cheaper. Easy enough to put together a list of suitable, good, components, and building a PC is a lot easier now, than it used to be.

If you want to go with pre-built, I would suggest these customizations are worthwhile.

CASE: The best value, decent quality case, there, is the Antec 300 Two.

CPU: I would suggest going with i5-3570K, with 4.0GHz overclock. 4.6 GHz is pushing it a bit, and you'd really need to upgrade cooler, all the way to the Noctua. Really not worth it.

Cooler: Stick with the standard one, if going with the 4.0GHz OC.

Mobo: If you are ever likely to want to add a 2nd graphics card, in crossfire, use the LK mobo, if not, stick with the LX.

SSD: Not actually keen on any of their choices, so you could stick with the base one.

HDD: You don't need 2TB for a gaming rig, but as you don't have any choice, stick with the base one.

Memory: Again no point in 16GB, in a gaming rig, but you haven't got choice.

Power Supply: IMPORTANT. If you aren't ever going to add 2nd GPU, use the BeQuiet 530w. If you might want to add 2nd GPU, use the Corsair 750w. Don't particularly like that PSU, but you've no choice.

Monitor: You need to go to one of the top options, to get anything MUCH better than base offering, so you might as well stick with it.

If that all works out too expensive, I can always put something better together, for a self-build.

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 1

PS

Personally, I'm not keen on any of their graphics card options. I'm not sure, if they are making their own, or re-badgeing someone else's. As there are none significantly better than the base one, stick with that. I'm tempted to say, go with the no graphics card option, and buy a decent one yourself, and fit, but they just don't allow enough of a price reduction, for that to be financial viable. If you plan to add a 2nd graphics card, in the future, it may be worth taking a slight hit, going that way, to ensure you CAN get a matching 2nd card, whenever.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Stop running out of cellular data on your iPhone, see which apps use the most data