We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

help on choosing a gaming pc

keiranward

Likes # 0

hello, i have a acer aspire 5742 and have realised it is terrible at games it either black screens or crashes. i have been looking for capable gaming PC and have found one round-about my budget. RCS Storm Intel i3 Dual Core Gaming PC - Nvidia GTS450 GFX specsProcessor: Intel Core i3 2100 Dual Core 2x 3.1Ghz Memory: 4 Gigabyte DDR3 1333Mhz Graphics Card: Nvidia GTS450 1Gb Pci Express HDMI Hard Disk Drive: 1 Terabyte SATAIII 6Gb/s Motherboard: AsRock Intel H61M-S1155 Audio: Integrated HD Audio USB Ports: 4x Rear USB 2.0 Ports | 2x Front USB 2.0 Ports Networking: Internal Gigabit Network Port Optical Drive: 22x DVD-Rw/CD-Rw Combo Drive Case: New* Black Mesh Atx Gaming Case Power Supply: 500 Watt Power Supply Warranty: Standard Two year warranty

it has a series of upgrades for example;

8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz (2x4Gb) memory

USB 54Mb/s WiFi Dongle

2x LED Red/Blue case fans to fit case

Premium Build & optimization + 2Yr warranty

Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

all of this adds up to a total cost of £482.39 is this a good choice or not, all help will be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

For that sort of cash you are not going to get a great gaming PC but it should be capable for a while. If you are going to have Windows 7 64bIT then definitely add the extra ram.

It would be better if you could post a link to the actual PC you are considering so we can have a better all round look.

Like this post
keiranward

Likes # 0

here is the pc i was thinking of http://www.ramcomputersystems.co.uk/product/rcsstormgaming_pc

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Link does not work.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV setup advice: Apple TV hacks to help you create the ultimate Apple TV hub in your home