We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Advice for a PC build?

Viridian112

Likes # 0

Last time I posted a question here asking which PC's I could buy that would be around a budget of £500, and was linked something lovely, which I did intend to buy.

However, it's occurred to me that I could get a much higher quality PC for my money if I bought the components and assembled them myself. A friend of mine explained the basics and reassured me it really isn't that hard, plus I've seen some descriptive online guides to guide me through any tricky parts (worth noting that it's my first build, but I've taken apart PC's before).

So far, I was looking at the following specs: Intel i5 2500K CPU Gigabyte H61M Motherboard nvidia GTX 660Ti EZCool Tornado 700W PSU GeIL Black Dragon 8GB DDR3 PC3-12800C11 1600MHz Dual Channel RAM 1TB SATA HDD I was looking at an Optical burner too, however I'm told it doesn't have to be anything fancy; a cheap one will suffice.

I have a copy of Windows and a monitor bought, and my budget has increased to around £750, although I can go up to £800. I realize I didn't mention what case to buy, that's simply because I'm completely unfamiliar with the sizings. Also if you have any recommendations about specs that need changing please tell me, along with any actual advice for the build.

I'm just posting here because I get the feeling my build will somehow be incompatible, or I have a low quality piece of hardware somewhere that could be a weak link in my rig.

Like this post
Axience Consulting

Likes # 0

Are you using a messenger such as Skype, Whatsapp, ooVoo etc.? Participate in a survey and win iPad (mini)! This is not spam – you can contact us directly: Gleb Zhukov at [email protected] Please follow the link to sign-up for the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5KC7T33

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015