We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

new build help, are these good specs

Jakeyatkin

Likes # 0

Xion Predator 970 Gaming Series Mid Tower Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Quad Core 3.60 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 Gigabyte X79-UD3 Intel X79 Chipset, 3-Way SLI / Crossfire supported, 4 Channel DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ 4 RAM slots, Dolby Home Theater 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 4 Gen3 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI 16GB(8x2GB) PC10666 DDR3/1333mhz Quad Channel Memory nvidia geforce gtx 670 2 gb 16x pcle.30 2 tb sat-3 6.0gb/s 64m cache 7200rpm haed drive

what do you guys think ?

Like this post
Jakeyatkin

Likes # 0

Would there be any benefit to have the gtx 680 instead of the 670

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

No there would not Jake. I intended to buy the 680 myself when they came out as I was looking to upgrade my oldish,but still good 6870. But after doing a lot of research the opinion in most places was that the 680 was a waste of cash because it was only very slightly faster than the 670 and did warrant an extra 100 quid. So I have the 670 and play games at ultra high on my Dell U2711 monitor..

By the way I am a bit slow but you never use an email address as a forum user name that is just asking for spam. So as soon as you have finished with this thread change your user name in the My Profile section top left of page.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...