We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PS3 corruption issue help wanted

fedex1969
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi guys, my ps3 suddenly showed a system corruption message and i'm getting no joy from starting from safe mode. It takes days with no result. If anyone can help, please respond and i'll give more info. Thanks

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 1

No problem, any time and thanks for the beer.lol.

Like this post  
fedex1969

Likes # 0

UPDATE!! Just had a conversation with a nice man from Sony. After going through a few steps with him, my PS3 is now up and running. Probably should've rung him in the first instance. Oh well, lesson learned! Thanks again, Chronus.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Glad to here it.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Found this elsewhere.

There is an alternate way to restore your HDD. Turn off your system and when u see the red light, hold the power button in front until you hear a total of 4 beeps (1 alone, 1 alone, 2 together). It usually works on second try. it should show a screen and say hook up controller with a usb cord. Then it should show i think 6 options. Choose the restore option. it should work.

Like this post
fedex1969

Likes # 0

Thanks for that,cronus,but you've basically described how to enter 'safe mode'. I have done this 6 times, each time using a different option,(1-6). Each time takes hours/days with no effect or difference. Same screen appears 'preparing'. Should I just reside to the fact that my console needs to be sent away for a fix? That'd be a right bummer!

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I am just looking around on Google for you mate I really have no idea.It sounds as though the HDD has failed so you could try putting in a new one but it does look a bit of a chore. I really cannot help you sorry. Have you tried the Playstation forums? You are more likely to get help there than here.

Like this post
fedex1969

Likes # 0

Yes, I've tried many forums. They all basically say the same thing, ' restart in safe mode'. Other than that, sod all. I knew I should've gone for Xbox!

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

If the HDD is totally knackered then unfortunately nothing within safe mode is going to help. Only a replacement will do.I have many HHD fail over the years in my PC,these things happen that is why you have a backup just in case you need to replace the HDD.

Like this post
fedex1969

Likes # 0

Dead right mate. Now I have the laborious task of trawling the net for a suitable HDD. Most people say to go for a larger one than the console came with. What do I know?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Any 2.5 laptop type hard-drive will do, you will need access to a PC to format the drive into fat32. instructions here.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...