We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My first build.. advice opinions

stevemassey

Likes # 0

This is my first build so i need as much help as possible just wanted know if all parts are compatible and is it good enough to run the most up to date game so far i'm happy with what im getting i can always add more at later dates just wanted to know what people think thanks in advance for any replys all views are welcome.

sharkoon T28 midi tower

ASUS SABERTOOTH AMD 990FX (Socket AM3+) DDR3 PCI-Express ATX Motherboard

AMD FX-4100 3.60GHz (3.80GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 4-Core Processor

XFX Core Edition Radeon HD 7870 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

8GB Mushkin Enhanced Radioactive Frostbyte

500GB Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 3.5" SATA III Hard Drive

LiteOn 22x Internal SATA DVD-RW Drive

730W be quiet! PURE POWER CM L8-CM 80PLUS Bronze Modular Power Supply

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

It is always useful to mention what your budget is as it helps if we suggest other components that they are still within budget.

I would add at least a 120GB SSD to your selection as a boot and program drive and also add at least another 500GB Sata harddrive as the single 500GB you have at the moment really is not enough. Just to give you some idea I currently have a crucial M4 128Gb SSD with 77GB free, I also have a 1TB HDD 724GB free and a second 1TB HDD which has nothing but my games including my Steam installation and I only have 477GB free on that one. So that gives you a rough idea how quickly hard-drives fill up.

The rest of your build is fine but I prefer the GTX 670 over the HD 7870 better GPU but more expensive.

Like this post
stevemassey

Likes # 0

Hi thanks for the reply my initial price was around £500 but im getting it on finace now so i can push it to £700 im going go with a 1tb hard drive and a ssd i wasnt keen on getting a ssd but alot of people mention it just to put windows on so thank you someone has just mentioned to me about bottleneck should i worry about that ?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Why the low end CPU with the high end motherboard though? You should be looking at perhaps an AMD Bulldozer FX-8 8120.

I see you have increased the size of your drive to 1Tb but I am a great believer in having two separate HDD one can act as a back up to the other. If one fails at least you will not have lost everything.

Like this post
Axience Consulting

Likes # 0

Are you using a messenger such as Skype, Whatsapp, ooVoo etc.? Participate in a survey and win iPad (mini)! This is not spam – you can contact us directly: Gleb Zhukov at gleb.zhukov@axience.com. Please follow the link to sign-up for the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5KC7T33

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features