We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Graphic card to show Win Exp 6.

woody

Likes # 0

I have posted here because I think you chaps are more likely to know graphic cards. I have a spare PC with 4 x 3.4 ghzCPU ,ram 16g and two GT430 graphic cards which can not be SLI. Windows Experience shows all of the items between 7.2 and 7.9 - except the cards which show 4.4. The graphic cards do perform ok for what i use it for but the low 4.4 is bugging me.I guess that's why MS set up the WIn EXP - for sales! I would like to change the cards for some thing not top of the range but will show nearer WIN EXP 6 or so. Fast games are not for me - too old - but I do use some big graphics.

Any suggestions?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Windows experience is really a poor judge of component performance and really should be ignored.

I am not sure what you mean by having two GT 430 graphics cards but not SLI, could you elaborate?

I would suggest if you must change your graphics cards you must first make sure that your power supply (PSU) is up to the job. It will tell you on a label on the side of the PSU.

Also what would be your budget?

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

The PC has two cards installed - used for more than one monitor - but they can not be joined as sli ( as far as i can tell).Joining the cards (sli) might have solved my perceived shortfall. I am more interested in getting the "WE" num up without going OTT but if i do put a fig on it circa £200 -Two hundred pounds.

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

I have plenty of spare power - the diff between needed (plus ten percent)and available.

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

I have installed a new card - GTX560ticu2 - win exp now 7.8 - works out of the box no problems but it is a large card. I have also put in an ssd - it may load a bit quicker - win exp 7.9 - but not sure if it is worth having ssd if I was counting the pennies.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014