We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is this a good upgrade\worth its money?

Justhavocman

Likes # 0

Hey guys , just wondering if you could give me your opinions on these few items with which im planning on upgrading my pc :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-Generation-i5-3570K-3-40GHz-Technology/dp/B007RUZKK6/ref=sr11?ie=UTF8&qid=1346945985&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Palit-GeForce-JetStream-Graphics-Architecture/dp/B0082A60ZE/ref=sr11?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1346945999&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-Motherboard-PCI-Express-CrossFireX-Intelligent/dp/B007KZQEGC/ref=sr11?ie=UTF8&qid=1346946028&sr=8-1

PS: Im trying to find upgrades that will last for at least 3 years meaning , ill be able to play the upcoming games on full graphics with high fps etc etc :) please do share your thoughts :D

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Good choices, particularly the graphics card and processor. I am not to sure on the motherboard as unless you intend to put another graphics card in at a later date, which with the 670 will not be necessary. Then you are paying for facilities that you are not going to use or need. You could have a look at this board as an alternative , still has all that you need but a lot cheaper.

Like this post
Justhavocman

Likes # 0

ah right , forgot , my current rig is

i7-2600 AMD Radeon 6770 Foxxcon H61MXV

will there be a noticeable difference in performace\graphics with this upgrade? :)

Like this post
Justhavocman

Likes # 0

ah right , forgot , my current rig is

i7-2600 AMD Radeon 6770 Foxxcon H61MXV

will there be a noticeable difference in performace\graphics with this upgrade? :)

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

I presume you are using 1333MHz RAM with old motherboard. You can get a decent performance boost, for modest cost, by upgrading to 1600MHz ram, on new board. New board obviously gives you scope to overclock CPU. Don't forget, if you are going to, to use aftermarket cooler. The stock cooler, that comes with CPU, has virtually no scope, for OC.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

Game of Thrones VFX work wins Emmy for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Ed Sheeran, Paolo Nutini, Kylie &...