We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Bulding\Upgrading a gaming rig

Justhavocman

Likes # 0

Hey there everyone , in need of proffesional\unproffesional advice on my gaming rig , ive built it during the past 2 yars and i think its time for an upgrade :D

Foxxcon H61MXV

AND Raddeon 6770HD

8GB Ram Corsair

600W Corsair PSU

i7 2600 , 3.4GHz

Coolermaster V8 Cpu cooler

• i got a problem with the cpu cooler , although the temps vary from 37-46 full load , the cooler is making an extreme ammount of noise , like its always working on full speed :) , i would like to replace the motherboard , the graphics card and maybe the cooler :) please do tell me your opinions and suggestions :) thank you in advance

regards Teo!

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

I believe Haswell is due around May, next year. Unfortunately, no FIRM info yet. Apart from vague Intel "teasers", a lot is rumour. I doubt the prices will be hugely different to Ivybridge, otherwise there would be no incentive to change, unless they were fantastically superior (can but hope!)

Almost forgot your issue re noisy fan. I have no direct experience of Foxconn boards, but I believe there is some sort of software or bios update to improve fan control. Like I said, I'm not certain, but may be worth an email, to their tech support, to ask the question.

Like this post
Justhavocman

Likes # 0

Hmm fair enough , i've read on many forums and posts that the stock Coolermaster V8 fan is a quite noisty , so i'll go for a fan replacement ( i have a new Xigmatek CUP fan which i never used , which is virtually silent , ill just replace it with this)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad